none
the remote pipeline has been stopped

Question

• Hi

When I open Queue Viewer I saw this error message : 

the remote pipeline has been stopped. It was running the command .....

There is alot fo email on queue .....

I find this log on system event :

Cmdlet stopped. Cmdlet Get-Message, parameters {IncludeBookmark=False, SortOrder={+LastError}, ReturnPageInfo=True, BookmarkObject=, Server=Mail.******.com, ResultSize=1000, SearchForward=True, BookmarkIndex=-1}.

Monday, November 2, 2015 7:17 PM

Answers

• You have the cmdlet in your post, more or less.

Get-Message -IncludeBookmark $False -ReturnPageInfo $True -Server Mail.******.com -ResultSize 100 -SearchForward $True -BookmarkIndex -1

This one doesn't sort and restricts to 100 entries.  It's a start.  You can expand the search as needed.  Really, the first thing you ought to be trying to resolve is why you have such a large queue because fixing that will flush the queue so you can see it again.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124904(v=exchg.160).aspx

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Monday, November 2, 2015 7:42 PM

All replies

• It looks to me as if the command could not be completed.  Consider using PowerShell and restricting the results to a smaller number.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Monday, November 2, 2015 7:29 PM
  • Thanks for your replay,

Can you give me a sample of it ?

I'm not familiar with commands.

Thanks

Monday, November 2, 2015 7:36 PM
  • You have the cmdlet in your post, more or less.

Get-Message -IncludeBookmark $False -ReturnPageInfo $True -Server Mail.******.com -ResultSize 100 -SearchForward $True -BookmarkIndex -1

This one doesn't sort and restricts to 100 entries.  It's a start.  You can expand the search as needed.  Really, the first thing you ought to be trying to resolve is why you have such a large queue because fixing that will flush the queue so you can see it again.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124904(v=exchg.160).aspx

Monday, November 2, 2015 7:42 PM
  • It was working before and sudnly stoped today evening without any changes or update of server .

do you have Idea that whats going on ?

This is error message after enter command :

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Get-Message IncludeBookmark $False ReturnPageInfo $True Server Mail.****.com Re
     SearchForward $True BookmarkIndex -1
    Cannot process argument transformation on parameter 'Identity'. Cannot convert value "IncludeBookmark" to ty
    "Microsoft.Exchange.Data.QueueViewer.MessageIdentity". Error: "The input string supplied as a message intern
    identity cannot be parsed as a long value.
    Parameter name: Identity"
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (:) [Get-Message], ParameterBindin...mationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentTransformationError,Get-Message
        + PSComputerName        : mail.*****.com

Monday, November 2, 2015 7:54 PM
  • I change commands to this 

Get-Message -IncludeBookmark $False -ReturnPageInfo $True -Server Mail.****.com -ResultSize 100 -SearchForward $True -BookmarkIndex -1

It start to show me emails on queue , But Still server cannot send any email to outside !!

Do you have any idea ?

Monday, November 2, 2015 9:10 PM
  • Syntax corrected above, sorry.  Please follow the link I supplied and read up on the cmdlet and its parameters because I can't tell you precisely what to do here.

Monday, November 2, 2015 9:37 PM
  • That doesn't fix anything.  You have to figure out why your server isn't connecting outside.

You can test sending a message to the Internet.  If you send connector is configured to use a host file, skip down to the Telnet command below.  Otherwise, look up the MX record of a domain to which you want to send a test message, like Hotmail for your test mailbox in Hotmail.

C:>nslookup

set type=MX

targetdomain.com

You'll get the A record and IP address of the mail server (say mail.targetdomain.com).  Then telnet to its port 25:

Telnet mail.targetdomain.com 25

helo you.ourxchange.com

mail from:you@ourxchange.com

rcpt to:them@targetdomain.com

subject:Testing

{blank line}

data

This is a test.

quit

Monday, November 2, 2015 9:40 PM
  • Thanks for your reply

The mx record isok. I check them before with nslookup.

I can recived email from outside and all internal emails can deliver to internail users, but all email for outside stop on the queue..

Monday, November 2, 2015 10:00 PM
  • Please follow the advice in my previous post.

Monday, November 2, 2015 10:05 PM
  • Right now after restarting Transport service I recived new error :

(PID 13284, Thread 57) Task Get-Message throwing unhandled exception: System.Management.Automation.PipelineStoppedException: The pipeline has been stopped.
       at System.Management.Automation.MshCommandRuntime.WriteObject(Object sendToPipeline)
       at System.Management.Automation.Cmdlet.WriteObject(Object sendToPipeline)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.StartAndEndTaskIOPipelineFunctionInternalTracking(Guid cmdletUniqueId, String groupName, String funcName, Action func)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.WriteObject(Object input, Object& output)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.TaskIOPipeline.<>c__DisplayClass1d`1.<ExecutePipeline>b__17()
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.CriticalFeatureHelper.Execute(ICriticalFeature feature, Action action, TaskContext taskContext, String methodNameInLog)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.TaskIOPipeline.ExecutePipeline[T](PipelineExecuter`1 pipelineExecuter, String methodName, T input, T& output)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.TaskIOPipeline.WriteObject(Object input, Object& output)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.PagedGetObjectTask`1.WriteResult(IConfigurable dataObject)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.QueueViewerTasks.RpcPagedGetObjectTask`1.InternalProcessRecord()
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.ProcessRecord().

Monday, November 2, 2015 10:11 PM
  • Follow the steps in the message I posted about 44 minutes before this one.

Monday, November 2, 2015 10:24 PM