none
HomeGroup Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have research on the forum and try the solution found but I am still cannot fix the network access issue that I am having ... please help!

Here is the problem that I am having.  I created a HomeGroup on one PC and on the second PC I joined HomeGroup and both PCs are running Windows 7.  Both PCs are visible on the network and I am logged on as administrator on both PCs but I cannot access neither PCs through the Network directory in Windows Explorer.

This is the error message.

PC_name is not accessible.  You might not have permission to use this network resource.  Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

The specified network provider name is invalid.

What am I missing?

Friday, December 6, 2013 10:37 AM

Answers

• Open the "Network and Sharing Centre" "Advanced sharing Settings" and check to make sure that in the Home or Work section that the "Turn on Network Discovery", "Turn on file and printer sharing", and "Public folder sharing" are all turned on.

Check to see if you can connect. If not check to make sure that both computers are on the same subnet and that you can successfully ping

also on both computers open the services control using services.msc and ensure that the TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service is started. This should be configured to automatic.

Friday, December 6, 2013 2:46 PM

All replies

• Open the "Network and Sharing Centre" "Advanced sharing Settings" and check to make sure that in the Home or Work section that the "Turn on Network Discovery", "Turn on file and printer sharing", and "Public folder sharing" are all turned on.

Check to see if you can connect. If not check to make sure that both computers are on the same subnet and that you can successfully ping

also on both computers open the services control using services.msc and ensure that the TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service is started. This should be configured to automatic.

Friday, December 6, 2013 2:46 PM
  • Hi,

Are Rigger’s suggestions helpful to you?

Please feel free to let us know if there are any further requirements.

Best Regards,

Amy Wang

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 5:49 AM