locked
New Exchange 2016 Edge Server - Unhable to send mail - No DNS Server for adapters RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi all,

    We run an Exchange 2010 environment, and are currently moving from 2010 Edge Servers in one DMZ to new 2016 Edge Servers in a  newly stood up DMZ.

    On the 2 new servers I'm encountering the following MSExchangeTransport windows errors every 5 minutes. 16025 and 205  Apparently one for internal and one for external lookup.

    "No DNS servers could be retrieved from network adapter 9137f7b5-40b6-46de-8896-b57b09b3092b. Check if the computer is connected to a network and Get-NetworkConnectionInfo returns any result"  Or the same error with all 0's with the default settings.

    I have already confirmed the proper GUID (the 913... shown above)of our single production NIC on this server, and is listed in the registry. I also tested setting this individually and both, "InternalDNSAdapterGuid" and "ExternalDNS AdapterGuid" to the above NIC through the EMS. 

     NSLOOKUP is fine, and resolves both internal and external names through our DNS servers. So it seems to be linked strictly to Exchange Transport service, and its attempt to use DNS.  I'm at a loss of what to do next. Any feedback would be appreciated.   Long story, but we are using a single interface on our Edge Servers, however searching online it looks like others have successfully done this. I also find that nltest /dsgetsite returns "Getting DC name failed: Status = 1919" however this is the same result on our currently working Edge servers, and I'm not sure if its relevant for Edge Servers in a DMZ.

    Any ideas?


    DQ

    Friday, July 22, 2016 4:13 PM

Answers

  • I believe I just found a workaround. Most articles point to setting the adapter GUID, but in this instance Exchange Transport couldn't for some reason get the DNS settings from the adapter. I found on TechNet, under Exchange Transport Service Settings, that I could manually set the internal and external DNS server settings. However, in order for this to take effect, I have to set both the Internal and External DNSAdapterEnabled to $false.

    As soon as I disabled the DNS adapters, it auto picked up the manually created DNS server settings and my queue cleared.


    DQ

    • Proposed as answer by jim-xu Monday, July 25, 2016 1:57 AM
    • Marked as answer by jim-xu Wednesday, August 3, 2016 10:50 AM
    Friday, July 22, 2016 5:38 PM