locked
when click "Add all authenticated users" link, I got error "You must specify a value for this required field." RRS feed

  • Question

  • When I want to add all users to my site, I clicked the link "Add all authenticated users" in permision >> add user page, I got an error, it said "You must specify a value for this required field", but as normal, it should add "NT AUTHORITY\authenticated users" to the user picker textbox.

    I have checked the AclInv.aspx, it is not modified at all. Some one says that maybe it is caused by the latest update package.

    Can anyone know this?

    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 5:30 AM

Answers

  • this problem is conformed to be caused by sharepoint patch of oct 2011.

    unfortunately, after the SP3 install, it insists, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2591067

    Thank you, Clyde Kang


    • Marked as answer by Clyde Kang Friday, March 16, 2012 7:01 AM
    • Edited by Clyde Kang Tuesday, May 27, 2014 8:15 AM
    Friday, March 16, 2012 7:01 AM

All replies

  • Tuesday, February 28, 2012 6:02 AM
  • Hi,

    Type NT Authority\Authenticated Users in the box and then resolve it as an alternative.


    Thanks, Rahul Rashu

    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 6:23 AM
  • thanks Rahul, but I want to know why the like is invalid, it is working well before.

    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 6:59 AM
  • HI,

    This gets added via a java script.

    So try using a different browser to check if it fixes the issue.


    Thanks, Rahul Rashu

    Wednesday, February 29, 2012 6:55 AM
  • Hi Rahul, I had tried in FireFox and got the same error.

    Someone said maybe it is caused by latest MS update package on WSS3.0, do you know this?


    Thank you, Clyde Kang

    Thursday, March 1, 2012 2:31 AM
  • Hi,

    Have you taken the backup of 12 hive before migration?

    If yes then rename the file aclinv.aspx in 12\Template\Layouts directory and restore the same from the backup taken and then check the behavior.


    Thanks, Rahul Rashu

    Thursday, March 1, 2012 5:28 AM
  • unfortunately I did not bakup them.

    I have checked the folder, and find many files' modified date is 9th Feb, about one month ago, so I think maybe the updata package is the root cause.

    I will continual update this when I get the evidences.


    Thank you, Clyde Kang

    Monday, March 5, 2012 1:37 AM
  • this problem is conformed to be caused by sharepoint patch of oct 2011.

    unfortunately, after the SP3 install, it insists, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2591067

    Thank you, Clyde Kang


    • Marked as answer by Clyde Kang Friday, March 16, 2012 7:01 AM
    • Edited by Clyde Kang Tuesday, May 27, 2014 8:15 AM
    Friday, March 16, 2012 7:01 AM