Windows Installer 4.5 Error while installing in windows 2008 32 bit RRS feed

• Question

• In windows 2008 server (standard edition), i am trying to install the exchange server 2007 sp2 before that i need to install the windows installer 4.5 to install my exchange server 2007sp2, while installing the windows installer 4.5 system showing the error message as " Not enough storage is available to process this commend".

If any one pls give some suggestions as soon as is appreciative.

shahul_ce@hotmail.com

thanks

Shahul Hameed

Monday, November 8, 2010 10:31 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The error message occurs if you are trying to use a private and undocumented SetupAPI function that isn’t supported in Windows Server 2008. Please visit the following link for detailed information:

Misleading error message when you install an update package in Windows Vista or in Windows Server 2008: "Not enough storage is available to process this command"

Please download the right version of Windows Installer 4.5 for Windows Server 2008 x86, you can download it from the following link:

Windows Installer 4.5

Best Regards

Dale

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Sunday, November 14, 2010 3:13 PM
    Tuesday, November 9, 2010 2:26 AM
  • No. Please just download Windows6.0-KB942288-v2-x86.msu version of Windows Installer 4.5.

Best Regards

Dale

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by shahulhameed Friday, November 12, 2010 3:44 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by shahulhameed Friday, November 12, 2010 3:46 PM
    • Marked as answer by shahulhameed Friday, November 12, 2010 3:46 PM
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 2:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The error message occurs if you are trying to use a private and undocumented SetupAPI function that isn’t supported in Windows Server 2008. Please visit the following link for detailed information:

Misleading error message when you install an update package in Windows Vista or in Windows Server 2008: "Not enough storage is available to process this command"

Please download the right version of Windows Installer 4.5 for Windows Server 2008 x86, you can download it from the following link:

Windows Installer 4.5

Best Regards

Dale

• Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Sunday, November 14, 2010 3:13 PM
    Tuesday, November 9, 2010 2:26 AM
  • hi Dale thanks for ur guide lines ..... i checked for windows installer 4.5 download link which is given by you, in that link i saw few files for download files here i need to download all the flies.

regads

shahul

Tuesday, November 9, 2010 3:17 PM
  • No. Please just download Windows6.0-KB942288-v2-x86.msu version of Windows Installer 4.5.

Best Regards

Dale

• Marked as answer by shahulhameed Friday, November 12, 2010 3:44 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by shahulhameed Friday, November 12, 2010 3:46 PM
    • Marked as answer by shahulhameed Friday, November 12, 2010 3:46 PM
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 2:24 AM
  • thank you Mr.Dale.... it is working now....

regards

Shahul

Friday, November 12, 2010 3:46 PM
  • I for the life of me cannot get this to work.   I am trying to get windows installer 4.5 on Win Server 2008 and it will always give me there is not enough storage space!    

I am at the end of my witts.   

Thursday, November 6, 2014 11:31 PM