none
DPM crash on reporting tab RRS feed

• Question

• couple days ago  I deployed SCOM reporting component on the SQL server which DPM DB is on it (they share the same SQL server), and after that i also upgraded DPM version from 2012R2 UR4 to UR8, everything is fine except the DPM reporting tab is crashing everytime, and also i can't get any scheduled reports from the DPM...

EventID 999:
    _________________________________________________________________________________________

The description for Event ID 999 from source MSDPM cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

An unexpected error caused a failure for process 'mmc'.  Restart the DPM process 'mmc'.

Problem Details:
    <FatalServiceError><__System><ID>19</ID><Seq>0</Seq><TimeCreated>11/2/2015 4:02:02 AM</TimeCreated><Source>DpmThreadPool.cs</Source><Line>163</Line><HasError>True</HasError></__System><ExceptionType>NullReferenceException</ExceptionType><ExceptionMessage>Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</ExceptionMessage><ExceptionDetails>System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.UI.ReportingPage.Reporting.RefreshListView()
       at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.UI.ReportingPage.Reporting.DisplayAppropriateListView()
       at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.UI.ReportingPage.Reporting.CheckAccountStatusAndUpdateUI()
       at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.UI.ReportingPage.Reporting.UpdateReportingUI()
       at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.UI.ReportingPage.Reporting.UpdateReportingPage()</ExceptionDetails></FatalServiceError>
    _________________________________________________________________________________________

EventID 1001:
    Fault bucket , type 0
    Event Name: DPMException
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: mmc
    P2: 4.2.1205.0
    P3: mmc.exe
    P4: 6.3.9600.16384
    P5: System.NullReferenceException
    P6: Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.UI.ReportingPage.Reporting.RefreshListView
    P7: 9EAE70C3
    P8:
    P9:
    P10:

Monday, November 2, 2015 4:13 AM

All replies

• The following post fixed the problem for me:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0ec22da7-c755-4558-bbe9-0c3c7f1ff145/restoring-premigration-dpm-database-reporting-tab-issue?forum=dpmsetup
    Thursday, February 22, 2018 10:19 PM