Windows 7 ultimate 64bit - freezing and bluescreen RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys,

I'm asking here now, because I'm desperately looking for the broken part in my computer for 2 months now.

I get random system freezes.

No sound anymore playing and neither a bluescreen,

but after a restart windows tells me that it had a bluescreen and it created a minidump.

I already tried a RAM check with the ultimate boot disk but no errors found.

I also switched to another hdd, still no luck.

The problem is, I can't post a link of the dump because the forum cant verify my account -.-

so sorry for this "broken link", you have to remove the space before the .com

https://skydrive.live. com/#cid=BC894DBE6B02B164&id=BC894DBE6B02B164%21106

I hope you can somehow help me.

And please tell me if you need any further information.

Greetz

Thomas

• Edited by thomasbubi Friday, October 12, 2012 7:03 PM
    Friday, October 12, 2012 7:03 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You’d better to download the driver from NVidia website.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Please Note: Microsoft provides third-party information to help you find technical support. This information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Kim Zhou

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Kim Zhou Monday, October 22, 2012 1:57 AM
    Tuesday, October 16, 2012 7:27 AM
  • Two problems here

1-Asacpi.sys.  Yours is from 2005 and wasily could be the cause of the crashes.  UPdate to >2009

Asacpi.sys

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Please visit this link: Asus tek computer inc. -support- drivers and download p7p55d le

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?slanguage=en&m=p7p55d%20le&p=1&s=32&os=29&hashedid=e7zic83pvqsr80lm"]ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE

http://www.asus.com/motherboards/intel_socket_775/p5kvm/#download ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5K-VM

Scroll down to the utilities category, then scroll down to the "atk0110 driver for windowsxp/vista/windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).

Download and install it.

Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers to check and make sure that the asacpi.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (not before).

2- BCC116

These are the suggested remedies for this code.  Usually related to a Heat, the video driver, directX, or the gpu itself.  In your case I would start with the video driver.

"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the Blue Screen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OS's like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps

BugCheck 116, {fffffa8005abc010, fffff8800fb5f004, ffffffffc000009a, 4}
    Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+ad6004 )
    ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
    BugCheck 116, {fffffa800844f4e0, fffff8800fb4f004, ffffffffc000009a, 4}
    ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``

MS-MVP 2010, 2011, 2012 Sysnative.com Team ZigZag

• Edited by ZigZag3143x Tuesday, October 16, 2012 8:48 AM
    Tuesday, October 16, 2012 8:45 AM

All replies

• I would download the newest video drivers for your computer. Uninstall the current driver. Re-boot. Then install the new driver. Let us know if that helped.
    Saturday, October 13, 2012 1:48 AM
  • I'm running a Geforce GTX460 with the 306.23

So it's not more than one month old, but i just uninstalled the "old" one and installed the 306.97.

The system only froze like once a week due to my little computer usage.

But can it be driver-related even if I installed a new driver after the error first occured?

Well, will see ; )

Sunday, October 14, 2012 10:23 AM
  • If you have access to a different video card I'd try that. Could be the card you have doesn't like your setup. I'd try an ati video card. You can also take your current card out and try using on board video if you have it.
    Sunday, October 14, 2012 3:19 PM
  • since the sound isn't working I would at least try and re-install the sound driver from whom ever makes your sound card, maybe you've got a bad audio driver and its screwing more then just the sound up?

Monday, October 15, 2012 10:25 PM
  • i'm trying the new video driver right now,

if it happens again i try a new video card.

if it then happens again i gonna try to find a new sound driver for my onboard sound card (if there is one ^^)

but this will take like 1 week i think.

Monday, October 15, 2012 10:55 PM
  • Hi,

You’d better to download the driver from NVidia website.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Please Note: Microsoft provides third-party information to help you find technical support. This information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Kim Zhou

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 7:27 AM
  • Two problems here

1-Asacpi.sys.  Yours is from 2005 and wasily could be the cause of the crashes.  UPdate to >2009

Asacpi.sys

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Please visit this link: Asus tek computer inc. -support- drivers and download p7p55d le

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?slanguage=en&m=p7p55d%20le&p=1&s=32&os=29&hashedid=e7zic83pvqsr80lm"]ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE

http://www.asus.com/motherboards/intel_socket_775/p5kvm/#download ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5K-VM

Scroll down to the utilities category, then scroll down to the "atk0110 driver for windowsxp/vista/windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).

Download and install it.

Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers to check and make sure that the asacpi.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (not before).

2- BCC116

These are the suggested remedies for this code.  Usually related to a Heat, the video driver, directX, or the gpu itself.  In your case I would start with the video driver.

"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the Blue Screen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OS's like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps

BugCheck 116, {fffffa8005abc010, fffff8800fb5f004, ffffffffc000009a, 4}
    BugCheck 116, {fffffa800844f4e0, fffff8800fb4f004, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

• Edited by ZigZag3143x Tuesday, October 16, 2012 8:48 AM
    Tuesday, October 16, 2012 8:45 AM
  • ok installed new video driver (of course from nvidia's website - I didn't even know there were other websites providing nvidia drivers)

and I installed new atk driver.

Now I have to wait for the error ^^

Gonna respond if a crash occurs, or if none occured I'm gonna respond in like 2 weeks.

Great help so far, I appreciate it.

• Edited by thomasbubi Tuesday, October 16, 2012 11:45 AM
    Tuesday, October 16, 2012 11:39 AM
  • ok, bad news, it crashed again - and this time 3 times in a row, like within 2 hours.

My screen went black and nothing responded, and windows told me again after reboot that it was a bluescreen.

I really don't know where to look.

I hate these errors when they're hardware related. If i'd send my mainboard or CPU for RMA the error won't occur at their testing side -.-

I'm sorry to cause so much work for you, but i uploaded 2 of the 3 minidmps to skydrive:

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=BC894DBE6B02B164&id=BC894DBE6B02B164%21106

Friday, October 26, 2012 6:00 PM
  • Thomas

The 2 newest dated 10/26 were also BCC116 (video driver related) so you need to follow the directions and if that doesnt help we can investigate further.

Friday, November 2, 2012 11:55 AM
  • now i swapped the gtx 460 for a gtx 560, will see if it is the graphics card which is broken.

gonna tell you in about 2 weeks, or when i get another error

Friday, November 2, 2012 6:59 PM