Windows Search Service not starting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am facing big problem with Windows Search 4.0 Service in my Vista Business. I tried all the possible solutions suggested online with no luck. One thing I would like ot highlight is my user account name contains a space (Ajay Singh). Will it cause any problem? I remember while doing development with Azure also I face the problem due to space in user account name.
    Any suggetion is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ajay
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 2:16 PM

Answers

• Hi Ajay,

According to your problem, please perform the following steps to narrow down the issue.

Restart Windows Search service

1) Click Start, type services.msc and press Enter.

2) Double click on Windows Search.

3) Set the Startup Type to Disabled and click OK.

4) Restart Windows and then re-enable the Windows Search service.

Terminate third-party conflicts

Run Windows Safe Mode 

1) Detach all unnecessary peripheral devices from your computer, such as printers, scanners and removable storage devices.

2) Restart the computer.

3) Keep pressing the F8 key until the Windows Startup menu appears.

4) Choose Safe Mode with Networking, and press Enter.

5) Test the issue in Safe Mode to see if the issue still exists.

Note: In Safe Mode, your system display and Desktop will look and perform differently than in Normal Mode. This is only temporary.

If the issue does not occur in safe mode, let’s try a Clean Boot to test the issue.

Start Windows in Clean Boot mode

Note: You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group to complete this procedure.

1) Click Start.

2) Copy and paste "msconfig" (without the quotation marks) in the Start Search box, and click Enter.

3) Switch to Services tab and then Check Hide All Microsoft Services.

4) Click Disable All.

5) Switch to the Startup tab and then Click Disable all.

6) Click OK.

7) Click Restart to restart the computer and test the issue.

Create a New Windows Account

1) Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking User Accounts and Family Safety, and then clicking User Accounts.

2) Click Manage another account If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3) Click Create a new account.

4) Type the name you want to give the user account, click an account type, and then click Create Account.

Create a user account

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/68a1c4fd-b3f6-4cb9-93a1-8a6023836e531033.mspx#E1D

Hope it helps.

Andy

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Monday, July 13, 2009 7:47 AM
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 8:32 AM