Get Black Screen of Death - when I run IE8 on Windows 7 - 32 bit RRS feed

• Question

• I just upgraded my two PC's from Vista to windows 7.  My Laptop is 64bit and no problems there.. altho in MSN Explorer - I cannot type into the email - new email dialogue.. But worse - my Desktop is 32bit..  after it was done - when I tried to run IE8 - I get the black screen of death.  Its not the connection to the internet - since I can run MSN Explorer just fine.  Any idea what is going on?  I don't like MSN explorer
    Saturday, October 31, 2009 12:21 AM

Answers

• Border,

As far as I understand, black screen can affect to 32 bit and not 64 bit.

Just as few suggestions, have you checked the problem in a fresh system..For that matter do fresh installations?

Have you run the IE in the admin mode?

This can also happen because Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is disabled either in the BIOS or in the operating system. You may check the link and see if this helps

NOTE - Disclaimer

The links in this message may lead to third-party Web sites. Microsoft provides third-party resources to help you find customer service and/or technical support resources. Information at these sites may change without notice. Microsoft is not responsible for the content at any third-party Web sites and does not guarantee the accuracy of third-party information

• Proposed as answer by Jobin Joshua Tuesday, November 10, 2009 5:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jobin Joshua Thursday, February 18, 2010 10:00 PM
    Monday, November 2, 2009 5:56 PM

All replies

• Border,

As far as I understand, black screen can affect to 32 bit and not 64 bit.

Just as few suggestions, have you checked the problem in a fresh system..For that matter do fresh installations?

Have you run the IE in the admin mode?

This can also happen because Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is disabled either in the BIOS or in the operating system. You may check the link and see if this helps

NOTE - Disclaimer

The links in this message may lead to third-party Web sites. Microsoft provides third-party resources to help you find customer service and/or technical support resources. Information at these sites may change without notice. Microsoft is not responsible for the content at any third-party Web sites and does not guarantee the accuracy of third-party information

• Proposed as answer by Jobin Joshua Tuesday, November 10, 2009 5:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jobin Joshua Thursday, February 18, 2010 10:00 PM
    Monday, November 2, 2009 5:56 PM
  • Border,

This link can be of your use
    Please have a look at it.

Thanks
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 2:23 PM
  • For what it's worth (perhaps not much), my Vista 32 bit machine became unstable during July and August of 2007 and I had repeated "memory management" blue screens of death with the then current versions of IE and Firefox open. It turned out to be a problem with my trial McAfee and free AVG 8 security suites. McAfee's "Site Advisor" and AVG 8's "Link Scanner" plugins for IE and Firefox were unstable on my system with 4GB of system RAM and a 512MB graphics card installed causing memory management problems. I disabled them and never had another OS crash.
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 4:52 AM