Error message RRS feed

• Question

• I just install AutoCAD LT 2011 on my computer.  I keep getting the error: "You do not have permission to save to this location.  Contact your administrator..."
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 4:52 PM

Answers

• Where do you want to store the files? With UAC (User Account Control) you have standard user rights and can't write to C: and otger folders like C:\Program Files or the Windows folder.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:37 AM
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 5:08 PM
  • Hi,

Before going further, I need more information to clarify the issue.

where you received the error?

Is it from AutoCAD when trying to save a picture?

Which location you want to save?

Do you have Administrator Privilege with current account?

In addition, I suggest right clicking the program and choosing Run as Administrator to check the result.

Regards,

Simida

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, January 7, 2011 9:42 AM

All replies

• Where do you want to store the files? With UAC (User Account Control) you have standard user rights and can't write to C: and otger folders like C:\Program Files or the Windows folder.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 5:08 PM
  • Hi,

Before going further, I need more information to clarify the issue.

where you received the error?

Is it from AutoCAD when trying to save a picture?

Which location you want to save?

Do you have Administrator Privilege with current account?

In addition, I suggest right clicking the program and choosing Run as Administrator to check the result.

Regards,

Simida

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, January 7, 2011 9:42 AM