WSUS Client Status Report RRS feed

• Question

• I want to get Client windows patch update status of client PCs in my network.

Updated and not updated status.

After I pushing specific update from WSUS, update status of PCs for that specific update.

I can run below commands on client PC get status of that update.

dism /online get-packages | findstr KB4012213

or

wmic qfe get /format:csv > c:\updates.csv

(We have to filter after getting this for KB number. But possible manually from one client PC)

But I want to Get whole PCs in my network. WSUS report facility is not enough to do this.

Kindly request anyone's help.....

Friday, May 26, 2017 10:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that you want to get the update status of specific update:
    Push this update on WSUS, then, check this update install/uninstall state on each client.

In general, on WSUS – right click the update on the update list, and select Status Repot – Run Report, it will generate a report about this update, display the computer number of update installed/failed/needed. It is a summary report of the installation state. 

If you want to obtain a detail report about which client has installed, and which client has not installed. It might need to using a scripting (including the command which you had used on client manually) to collecting update installation state on each client.

I am sorry that writing scripting based on requirement is beyond what we can do on this forum. Below is Microsoft TechNet: The Official Scripting Guys Forum, you may post there for suggestions:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/scriptcenter/en-US/home?forum=ITCG&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 29, 2017 8:45 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, June 3, 2017 7:36 AM
  • Hi Eve Wang,

Thanks for your reply.

you are right and I need your further assistance.

I want to obtain a detail report about which client has installed, and which client has not installed remotely at once for my network. not running above commands manually on one by one client PCs.

Regards,

Udara

Saturday, June 3, 2017 10:59 AM