none
Registration Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I´m having issues with just some users when they try to register at FIM, the wellcome page appears to the user and just after press Next the error appears:

"An error was encountered. Please call helpdesk or your system administrator for further assistance".

I´ve enabled the log and it mention:

mscorlib: System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: There was no endpoint listening at http://fim01:5726/ResourceManagementService/SecurityTokenService/Registration that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'fim01'
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpOutput.WebRequestHttpOutput.GetOutputStream()
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Server stack trace:
       at System.ServiceModel.Security.IssuanceTokenProviderBase`1.DoNegotiation(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Security.SspiNegotiationTokenProvider.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Security.WrapperSecurityCommunicationObject.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Security.CommunicationObjectSecurityTokenProvider.Open(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Security.SecurityUtils.OpenTokenProviderIfRequired(SecurityTokenProvider tokenProvider, TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Security.SymmetricSecurityProtocol.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)

From my computer i was able to register and also the users having issues but not from the computers of the affected users(also try with my account),

I´ll appreciate the help to resolve this,

Regards

Thursday, June 28, 2012 9:46 PM

Answers

• It's EndPointNotFoundException meaning network connectivity issues

if you "ping fim01" from the problematic machine, does the DNS resolve properly?

The FIM Password Reset Blog http://blogs.technet.com/aho/

Friday, June 29, 2012 6:10 AM
  • Thanks Anthony, you´ve helping me to get to the solution.

The machine was not resolving the name properly.

I´ve changed the Client Hosts file at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

Added the FIM address: IP_Address(xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) Servername(fim01)

Saved the change.

Restart Services:

- Forefront Identity Manager Password Reset Client Service

- The DNS Client service

Access the portal and the next attempt the user was able to register at FIM.

I´ve other issue, some users cant register because they are logging with Status: Denied and Originator: Anonymous Users, how can i fix this?, i´ll appreciate your help.

Friday, June 29, 2012 9:20 PM

All replies

• It's EndPointNotFoundException meaning network connectivity issues

if you "ping fim01" from the problematic machine, does the DNS resolve properly?

Friday, June 29, 2012 6:10 AM
  • Thanks Anthony, you´ve helping me to get to the solution.

The machine was not resolving the name properly.

I´ve changed the Client Hosts file at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

Added the FIM address: IP_Address(xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) Servername(fim01)

Saved the change.

Restart Services:

- Forefront Identity Manager Password Reset Client Service

- The DNS Client service

Access the portal and the next attempt the user was able to register at FIM.

I´ve other issue, some users cant register because they are logging with Status: Denied and Originator: Anonymous Users, how can i fix this?, i´ll appreciate your help.

Friday, June 29, 2012 9:20 PM
  • start a new thread and post the client log :)

Saturday, June 30, 2012 10:06 PM