none
content editor cannot retrieve properties after installing Performance Point 2007 RRS feed

  • Question

  •  

    I have an issue SharePoint after installing Performance Point 2007.  The authentication prompt appears when doing some searches on SharePoint.  Also I receive a message when I open the rich text editor in the Content editor web part.  "Content editor cannot retrieve properties".   I have done some research on this issue and I don't have the /clear in my web.config file under http headers.   I do have (all unassigned) in IIS.    When I install Performance Point 2007 I start receiving this error.  If I put my old web.config file back and reset IIS the error goes away.   What could be causing this issue?   

    Monday, September 8, 2008 5:37 PM

Answers

  • This issue was resolved in a Support incident. 

     

    The resolution was:

     

    The <remove verb="*" path="*.asmx" /> code in the SharePoint web.config was moved up with in the file as shown below:

     

    <httpHandlers>

          <remove verb="GET,HEAD,POST" path="*" />

          <remove verb="*" path="*.asmx" />

          <add verb="GET,HEAD,POST" path="*" type="Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPHttpHandler, Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" />

          <add verb="OPTIONS,PROPFIND,PUT,LOCK,UNLOCK,MOVE,COPY,GETLIB,PROPPATCH,MKCOL,DELETE,(GETSOURCE),(HEADSOURCE),(POSTSOURCE)" path="*" type="Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPHttpHandler, Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" />

          <add verb="*" path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />

          <add verb="*" path="*.asmx" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />

          <add verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />

          <add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" validate="false" />

          <add verb="*" path="_vti_bin/ReportServer" type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.SharePoint.Soap.RSProxyHttpHandler, RSSharePointSoapProxy, Version=9.0.242.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91" />

          <add verb="*" path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebPart.axd" type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.SharePoint.UI.WebParts.WebPartHttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportingServices.SharePoint.UI.WebParts, Version=9.0.242.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91" />

        </httpHandlers>

     

     

    Aseem Nayar - MSFT

    Monday, October 6, 2008 4:39 PM

All replies

  • Deleted
    Monday, September 8, 2008 6:47 PM
  • Yes, I'm using the same user account as my SharePoint Farm uses.   This account is an admin on both servers.

    Monday, September 8, 2008 8:00 PM
  • This issue was resolved in a Support incident. 

     

    The resolution was:

     

    The <remove verb="*" path="*.asmx" /> code in the SharePoint web.config was moved up with in the file as shown below:

     

    <httpHandlers>

          <remove verb="GET,HEAD,POST" path="*" />

          <remove verb="*" path="*.asmx" />

          <add verb="GET,HEAD,POST" path="*" type="Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPHttpHandler, Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" />

          <add verb="OPTIONS,PROPFIND,PUT,LOCK,UNLOCK,MOVE,COPY,GETLIB,PROPPATCH,MKCOL,DELETE,(GETSOURCE),(HEADSOURCE),(POSTSOURCE)" path="*" type="Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPHttpHandler, Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" />

          <add verb="*" path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />

          <add verb="*" path="*.asmx" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />

          <add verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />

          <add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" validate="false" />

          <add verb="*" path="_vti_bin/ReportServer" type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.SharePoint.Soap.RSProxyHttpHandler, RSSharePointSoapProxy, Version=9.0.242.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91" />

          <add verb="*" path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebPart.axd" type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.SharePoint.UI.WebParts.WebPartHttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportingServices.SharePoint.UI.WebParts, Version=9.0.242.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91" />

        </httpHandlers>

     

     

    Aseem Nayar - MSFT

    Monday, October 6, 2008 4:39 PM