Rolling months on the scorecard RRS feed

• Question

• I was browsing through Drilling Down in a Scorecard where in I found that the scorecard has the Month members at the top.

I have requirement to show 3 months of sales at any point in time. For eg., In Feb '08 the scorecard has to show sales for Nov '07, Dec '07 and Jan '08. In the next month it has to show for Dec '07, Jan '08 and Feb '08.

Is there any way I can implement the above mentioned scenario in the scorecard.

TIA
    Thursday, February 14, 2008 10:39 AM

Answers

• This is possible by having a filter linked to the scorecard.

You can have the Hierarchy listed in the filter either as a list or tree based on your requirements.

The filter has to be linked to the scorecard using the following link options in the filter link editor:

Dashboard Item endpoint-column

Source value - member unique name

Then click on filter link formula and type in the following MDX

<<SourceValue>>.Lag(1),<<SourceValue>>.Lag(2),<<SourceValue>>.Lag(3)

i have tried it and it works!!!!!!

Thursday, February 14, 2008 2:07 PM
  • Adi is right, using a filter link formula will definitely achieve this. Depending on your precise requirements you can also use a Time Intelligence Filter. Assuming the current month is February your STPS (Simple Time Period Specification) formula would be:

Code Snippet

Month-3:Month-1

Cheers,

Nick

Thursday, February 14, 2008 9:17 PM

All replies

• This is possible by having a filter linked to the scorecard.

You can have the Hierarchy listed in the filter either as a list or tree based on your requirements.

The filter has to be linked to the scorecard using the following link options in the filter link editor:

Dashboard Item endpoint-column

Source value - member unique name

Then click on filter link formula and type in the following MDX

<<SourceValue>>.Lag(1),<<SourceValue>>.Lag(2),<<SourceValue>>.Lag(3)

i have tried it and it works!!!!!!

Thursday, February 14, 2008 2:07 PM
  • Adi is right, using a filter link formula will definitely achieve this. Depending on your precise requirements you can also use a Time Intelligence Filter. Assuming the current month is February your STPS (Simple Time Period Specification) formula would be:

Code Snippet

Month-3:Month-1

Cheers,

Nick

Thursday, February 14, 2008 9:17 PM