updates not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am using FCS on several computers at present, and all but one function as they should. the one that doesn't doesn't get updated. I am running on Vista Business and Ultimate. No MOM installed or other servers. Just want to rty the antimalware protection. (at this moment, MOM and other things will get installed in the near future.) is this a known problem? if so, what could be the work around?

Thanks in advance

Eric Denekamp

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 1:24 PM

All replies

• Solved the problem: this machine was the only one that did not have automatic updates configured for more than Windows itself. so no office, no ...

darn, I should have checked that first, but I thought this to be configured...

Sorry for your time.

Eric

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 1:45 PM
  • Hi Eric

Glad you got your problem resolved!  We are investigating better ways to ensure the client can get signatures with less end user requirements (the key component is having the computer configured to connect to Microsoft Update instead of Windows update, which requires consent)

Thanks

Chris

Forefront Client Security PM

Saturday, January 27, 2007 12:28 AM
  • when a tool is dependant on additional technology  (Microsoft Update) - that tool should validate that the additional technology is installed (or atleast tell us to installit).

I repeatedly pegged on the Update button and was told no updates avail.  Only after I read this thread did I see the root of the issue (windows update, who would have thought of that?

(db)

Saturday, February 3, 2007 5:44 PM
  • I Agree, it should at least give you a hint that the approriate settings are not set.

Eric

Monday, February 5, 2007 6:48 AM
  • Hi folks

Thanks for the feedback!  We are doing additional work in this area for upcoming releases to cover your exact concerns.  Specifically, we will allow an administrator to centrally configure client computers (via FCS policy) to point to Microsoft Update

Thanks

Chris

Forefront Client Security PM

Monday, February 5, 2007 2:32 PM
  • this is what makes participating in beta's so much fun, being able to add to the value of the product.

Eric

Monday, February 5, 2007 2:56 PM