Azure AD SSO Integration Planned RRS feed

• Question

• It would be great to know if Azure AD SSO Integration is planned for this.
    Tuesday, February 7, 2017 2:55 AM

Answers

• Hello Steven,

I can't find any message that the ATA will be integrated with Azure AD. The only clue I noticed in Release Notes for version 1.7, is that the ATA is using OWIN instead of IIS for ATA Console. This allows infrastructure concerns, such as authentication, to be split out into separate modules. 

However, this still can't confirm that ATA will support AAD SSO. Basically, ATA is an on-premises security solution, and security factors should be considered strictly, during deploying the ATA. 

Best regards,
    Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 8:44 AM

All replies

• Hello Steven,

I can't find any message that the ATA will be integrated with Azure AD. The only clue I noticed in Release Notes for version 1.7, is that the ATA is using OWIN instead of IIS for ATA Console. This allows infrastructure concerns, such as authentication, to be split out into separate modules. 

However, this still can't confirm that ATA will support AAD SSO. Basically, ATA is an on-premises security solution, and security factors should be considered strictly, during deploying the ATA. 

Best regards,
    Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 8:44 AM
  • Thanks for the fast reply. It would be a nice add on but I can always go the web app proxy route if needed as well.

Thanks!

Steven Hayes

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 7:24 AM