Vista booting to black screen, monitor goes to standby RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever I boot into vista normal mode since I last updated(Yesterday) it always boots me into a black screen which prompts my monitor to shut off. This occurs right after the green loading bar. I can load into safe mode fine, and sometimes after restarting it will say an error occured and will ask if I want to boot into safe mode. Anyone have any tips?
    Friday, November 16, 2007 10:35 PM

All replies

•  

Hi

When i frst got my computer it had a Quad Core and 2 gigs of ram which doesn't matter to this situation. I had t his black screen after it loads and i called all kinds of Tech Support which took HOURS. I had never turned on the computer before this and i never had any files on my compuer so i was told to do the system start over thing where like you lose all your files and all that. I am sorry at the time i  cannot remember what it is called but you can go to settings or i think you need to press f8 to get to this menu click it over and over and over until you get to the menu. I'm sorry for this happening to you and i wish you luck.

Saturday, November 17, 2007 7:44 PM