Cascading programs list at top of screen RRS feed

• Question

• I have someone who created a new administrative user account on a Vista machine, and they said when they log in as that, they get a "cool looking cascading programs list at the top of the screen" by default and wondered how they can turn that on for other accounts.  Only problem is I'm not sure what feature that is or that I've ever seen it before.  Does anyone have a guess as to what she's talking about?
    Thursday, September 19, 2013 9:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Sounds like an auto running application, can you confirm this issue occurs in Clean Boot mode?

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

if this issue persists, you can post a screenshot for us.

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, September 20, 2013 6:39 AM
  • Hi,

I am just writing to check the status of this thread. Was the information provided in previous reply helpful to you? Do you have any further questions or concerns? Please feel free to let us know.

Alex Zhao

Monday, September 23, 2013 1:50 AM
  • I'm still waiting for the user to show me a picture of the program she's referring to.  My guess is it's a third party app, since you are not aware of anything that can do that that by default came with Vista.
    Monday, September 23, 2013 2:35 PM
  • Hi,

Ok, when we  get some new update about this issue, hope we can figure it out.

Alex Zhao

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 5:41 AM