none
how to set mutilple excel files under one single window instead of seperate windows --version :excel 2010/ win10

Question

• Hi friends ,

Can anyone tell how to set multiple excel files under one single window instead of separate windows ?

When I open several excel files , they are all open in separate windows which makes it difficult to view and compare several files at the same time when they are arranged HORIZONTAL view , the screen then is full of header and toolbar instead of the worksheet I need .

excel version :excel 2010

operating system :win10

Thanks ~~

KL

Thursday, November 02, 2017 2:16 AM

All replies

• Hi KL,

As far as I know, this is by default that Excel 2010 spreadsheets share a same window. 

In this situation, an workaround is that you may open the second sheet using the Excel icon on the taskbar:

1. Open your first excel file.
    2. Right-click the Excel icon on the taskbar and pick "Microsoft Excel 2010":

3. Navigate to File > Open and browse for your second excel file and then the two files can be viewed in two different windows.

Hope you can find this helpful.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 03, 2017 5:54 AM
  • Hi Yuki,

Thanks for your reply ~~ but it seems it is not the way I want ~~

I want the spreadsheets can be opened in a same window not in separate windows .

Thank you ~~

KL

Tuesday, November 07, 2017 8:05 AM
  • Hi kklg,

Apologize for misunderstanding your query in my initial reply. 

So, do you mean you want to view more than one worksheets of different workbooks side by side?

If this is the case, for Excel 2010, the recommended way to click View Side by Side Button image on the View ribbon, in the Window group:

View two worksheets of different workbooks side by side

Regarding your concern about the header and toolbar, I'd like to suggest you press Ctrl + F1 to hide the ribbon area and press Ctrl + F1 again when you need to use it.

Hope this can be helpful.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Saturday, November 11, 2017 4:48 AM
  • Hi KL,

Haven't heared from you for several days.

How's everything going with this issue? If my post above is useful, could you please help mark it as answer so that others who might have a similar question can more easily find the helpful information?

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 16, 2017 3:23 AM