none
Setting Baseline is not replacing NA values RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Project Professional 2010.  I have tried to save my baseline (Project>Set Baseline>Entire Project) and the NA values are not being overwritten by my start and end dates.  I tried to set an interim plan to copy my Scheduled Start/Finsih dates to the Baseline date fields but that does not work either.  I also tried clearing the baseline (wich showed NA values) and to re-set the baseline (Project>Set Baseline>Entire Project) but that does not work.  Some other strings seem to point that this is a bug.  If it is, how can I work around?  Would appreciate any help.  Thanks.
    Sunday, October 21, 2012 2:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• Are you working in Project Server environment?

Sapna Shukla

Sunday, October 21, 2012 2:26 PM
  • No, I am using Project in a standalone mode.
    Sunday, October 21, 2012 2:44 PM
  • Is this project created in some earlier version, does it have any macro, do you have SP1 installed? Is this happening with any particular project or all projects? Try saving another copy of this project and see if it works. I don't see any other particular reason for baseline not getting saved.

Sapna Shukla

Sunday, October 21, 2012 2:54 PM
  • Have you checked both Baseline Finish and Basline1 Finish fields?

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky

Sunday, October 21, 2012 3:31 PM
  • Are you working with manually scheduled tasks?  If so, you'll find your baseline data in "Baseline Estimated Start" and "Baseline estimated finish."

Julie

Sunday, October 21, 2012 5:15 PM
  • I created this project in MSProject 2010.  I have another add-on (DrivingPath Macro from Project Widgets) that adds another tab for its application.  I disabled that macro, closed down and re-opened the file, then tried to baseline but had no success.  I saved a copy of the file and tried, but still no success.  I have checked both Baseline and Baseline1 fields and still see NA.  All tasks in my schedule are in the auto schedule task mode.

I do not have SP1 installed.  Also, I tried to set the baseline in a different project and it worked OK.

I am wondering if my file is corrupt.  If so, how would I re-build it?

Thanks to all for you suggestions/comments.....

Sunday, October 21, 2012 7:57 PM
  • To "de-corrupt" your file, save as .xml then open the xml file and import to a new project. The import wizards that start automatically on opening a .xml file will guide you.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book

Rod Gill Project Management

Sunday, October 21, 2012 10:16 PM