Response Group calls not going to Agents RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

We have a number of Response Groups which deliver into a queue which then deliver to the agents. It's currently set as Serial but calls don't get delivered to the agents.

It seems to be an issue with how the Response Groups see the presence of the agents because if I change the group to Attendant, then the calls get delivered. Being in Attendant mode, it ignores the presence of the users and delivers the call anyway.

If I look in Snooper, it says:

TL_INFO(TF_COMPONENT) [FE Server\FE Server]C8A8.4614::10/11/2016-07:49:32.830.140C0412 (RgsMatchMakingService,GroupCallHandler.GetNextAvailableAgent:groupcallhandler.cs(394)) 
    (0000000001872203)Try to find available agent on group: Name = [Group Name] using [LongestIdle] method.

I can see the agents being shown as Available so there's no reason why the calls shouldn't be delivered from the Response Group.

Nothing in Event Viewer indicating what the issue is so does anybody have any ideas?

I've also noticed that the RTCLocal instance doesn't have the RTC Server Local Group listed in the Users for the database. Not sure if the issues are linked??  I've tried Step 1 in the Deployment Wizard and it runs without any errors but the group still doesn't appear within SQL Management Studio.

Many thanks.

• Edited by K_S_C Wednesday, October 12, 2016 8:11 AM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2016 8:23 AM

All replies

• Hello everyone,

We have a number of Response Groups which deliver into a queue which then deliver to the agents. It's currently set as Serial but calls don't get delivered to the agents.

It seems to be an issue with how the Response Groups see the presence of the agents because if I change the group to Attendant, then the calls get delivered. Being in Attendant mode, it ignores the presence of the users and delivers the call anyway.

If I look in Snooper, it says:

TL_INFO(TF_COMPONENT) [FE Server\FE Server]C8A8.4614::10/11/2016-07:49:32.830.140C0412 (RgsMatchMakingService,GroupCallHandler.GetNextAvailableAgent:groupcallhandler.cs(394)) 
    (0000000001872203)Try to find available agent on group: Name = [Group Name] using [LongestIdle] method.

I can see the agents being shown as Available so there's no reason why the calls shouldn't be delivered from the Response Group.

I have also created a new response group and when searching for it - it shows as being Offline. I can however see existing Response Groups presence OK.

Nothing in Event Viewer indicating what the issue is so does anybody have any ideas?

I've also noticed that the RTCLocal instance doesn't have the RTC Server Local Group listed in the Users for the database. Not sure if the issues are linked??  I've tried Step 1 in the Deployment Wizard and it runs without any errors but the group still doesn't appear within SQL Management Studio.

Many thanks.

• Merged by jim-xu Friday, October 21, 2016 7:27 AM same thread
    Wednesday, October 12, 2016 8:14 AM
  • Hi K_S_C,

Welcome to our forum.

Did this issue occur all the time or recently?

For troubleshooting this issue, please do the following steps to have a try:

1. Please restart “Skype for Business Server Response Group” 
    2. Disable and enable CsUser account
    3. Update Skype for business server to the latest: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/uclobby/2015/06/22/skype-for-business-2015-cumulative-update-list/ 

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know and we will pleasure to help you. If the above suggestion are helpful to you, please mark it as answer so that someone who has similar issue could find this thread as soon as possible.

Best Regard,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Big_Mark Tuesday, August 20, 2019 3:59 PM
    Wednesday, October 12, 2016 8:49 AM
  • Hi Jim

This issue has only just started.

1) Yes - service has been restarted with no joy.

2) Which user account? The agents in the group belonging to the queue that the response group goes to??  If so, I've done that. This is affecting all response groups, not just one.

3) SfB updated

Regards

• Edited by K_S_C Wednesday, October 12, 2016 8:53 AM
    Wednesday, October 12, 2016 8:53 AM
  • Hi,

please check if you don't have duplicate csaplicationendpoint by running this command:

Get-CsApplicationEndpoint |select sipaddress,registrarpool,displayname,identity |sort displayname |out-gridview

Here you should have only one Announcement Service for each pool. If there are duplicate, please restart the response group service and check if event viewer generates EventID 31023

It should list a contact object with "sip:rtcapplication-xxxx-xxx@domain.com"

Find this ID in the above command you run and delete the object using ADSI EDIT

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 9:08 AM
  • Thanks for the mail.

Unfortunately, that's not it.

I only have 1 Announcement Service contact object set within each pool.

Regards

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 9:16 AM
  • Hi, 

We used to see these odd issues with RGS , couple of checks to isolate the issue, How many Pools do you have and sites. 

Is this specific to the RGS in the site, Is your Pool updated to the latest CU , you can try  restarting the service of Response group from each server and then try the behavior.  Check for CMS replication and confirm its up to date in all servers. 

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 11:36 AM
  • Hi KSC,

By this issue, please refer to the following steps for troubleshooting:

Firstly, run following commands to get more details about his current configuration:

Get-CsRGSAgentGroup 
    Get-CsRGSWorkflow 
    Get-CsRGSQueue  

Generally some causes not receiving response group calls:
    Unless configured otherwise, response group calls agents only if their presence status is Available or Inactive. Check your presence status.
    Privacy mode may be enabled.
    If you are in a formal response group where you need to manually sign in to before you can take calls, you might not be signed in to the group. To ensure that you’re signed in, in the Lync main window, click the Show Menu arrow, point to Tools, and then click Response Group Settings.
    More information, please check following document:
    https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Troubleshooting-for-response-groups-ca72d8f8-4054-4974-b832-4f173611bd89?ui=en-US&rs=en-GB&ad=GB 

Secondly, run some commands to check more details of Presence settings from SFB 2015 server, then post result to us:
    Get-CsPrivacyConfiguration
    Get-CsPresencePolicy 

Best Regard,
    Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 21, 2016 7:21 AM
  • Hi Jim

We've got some issues with the SQL database and CMS replication so it may well be linked. I have a MS support case open so I'm hoping when that's resolved, it may fix this also. Will let you know if it doesn't!

Thanks

Friday, October 21, 2016 7:30 AM
  • Hi Jim

We've got some issues with the SQL database and CMS replication so it may well be linked. I have a MS support case open so I'm hoping when that's resolved, it may fix this also. Will let you know if it doesn't!

Thanks

Hi K_S_C,

Did you follow my steps?

Thanks for your update and we are waiting for your back.

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know.

Best Regard,
    Jim Xu

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 3:40 AM
  • Hi K_S_C,

Welcome to our forum.

Did this issue occur all the time or recently?

For troubleshooting this issue, please do the following steps to have a try:

1. Please restart “Skype for Business Server Response Group” 
    2. Disable and enable CsUser account
    3. Update Skype for business server to the latest: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/uclobby/2015/06/22/skype-for-business-2015-cumulative-update-list/ 

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know and we will pleasure to help you. If the above suggestion are helpful to you, please mark it as answer so that someone who has similar issue could find this thread as soon as possible.

Best Regard,
    Jim Xu

I had a reception response group member that fell out of the group after migrating to S4B Online, when I moved the account back on premises the Skype client displayed "you have been added to the response team.." as expected however no calls came through. Simply restarting the service got her back on the team (mush to her chagrin) so fro me this fixed my particular issue
    Tuesday, August 20, 2019 4:02 PM