Set default program RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft Office Outlook is set as my depault program. Outlook opens and runs fine. If I search in outlook for a particular email, the email opens fine. The problem is if I search using the start and then surch emails found will not open. I get the usual request to set email as a defaule. When I go through the control panel to the set default programs page I see that microsoft office outlook is listed twice and both have all the correct estensions set for outlook. Could outlook being listed twice be the problem? If yes how do I delete one of them?

Thanks

Al Celmer
    Sunday, August 14, 2011 4:16 PM

Answers

• Hi Al Celmer,

Thanks for the post!

Go to Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs\Set Default Programs, on the left pane, how many "Microsoft Outlook" listed there? If two, what's the version of each one?

On the right-pane, click Choose defaults for this program, then check the Extensions, Protocols and MAPI you want.

If you still got issue in Outlook, I suggest you also ask in Outlook forum. It's more professional and you'll get more help.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Tuesday, August 23, 2011 8:39 AM
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 6:29 AM