Unable to access Windows Explorer get message "No Such Interface supported" also no Control Panel access RRS feed

• Question

• I have run the SFC scan as Administrator and it reports no problems. I have attempted to perform a System Restore, both from Windows both in the normal mode and the safe mode. The system restore will only display a restore point back about a month. I have been running this system for a couple of years, previously it displayed restore points for at least a year in the past. Now those restore points have disappeared. With the exception of Windows Explorer, and no Control Panel, everything else seems to work fine. I am able to display all of the files and folders on the C drive using the browser Chrome. Help 
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 2:34 AM

Answers

• Those components and the restore points may be deleted by accident. I suggest you run In-place Upgrade to repair the system. However you cannot get the restore points back.

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 & Windows Server 2008 R2
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2255099

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Tuesday, February 21, 2012 6:05 AM
    Friday, February 3, 2012 4:56 AM