none
Change touchpad scroll direction during deployment? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone

I use MDT to create and image computers in an Enterprise environment.  Currently on Win10 1703, the touchpad scroll direction on the laptops is reversed by default (to mimic a touchscreen, instead of a scroll wheel).  I would like to change this so the default behavior is like a scroll wheel (scrolling down moves the page down, etc) since none of our devices are touchscreen and this is confusing for end users.

My reference image is created on a virtual machine, so there are no registry keys or Settings options for a touchpad.

My question is, is there a reg key that can be added to the task sequence during deployment that will allow this setting to be changed?   I am aware that it can be changed manually via the Settings app after deployment, but the goal is to eliminate having to do this manual step on every laptop that gets imaged.

MDT v8450 & Hyper-V v9600 running on Server 2012r2

Virtual machine reference image Windows 10 v1703

Deployment to Lenovo ThinkPad (several models) and Dell Latitude (several models) laptops

Thanks in advance!

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 4:46 PM

All replies

• You might look at using procmon on these devices while making changes and seeing if you can capture any registry changes that may be associated with the toggle of specific settings.  These settings may be model dependent, so if I were you, I would test each model.  Some of this will depend on the Hardware Vendor producing the driver and software(Synaptics, ELAN, Dell...)
    Tuesday, March 13, 2018 3:03 AM