Custome Ste Formula on Scorecard RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi all,

Is it possible to use a custom set formula on a Scorecard column to show the last four quarters from a hierarchy with the last quarter being the value of a time intelligence filter on the Dashboard? I cannot quite fathom out the use of the custom set formula, and there seems very little documentation on it.

Thanks in advance,

G

Friday, July 18, 2008 8:17 AM

Answers

• Hi G,

Yes, this is definitely possible but don't use a Custom Set Formula that is based in the scorecard. Instead use a Filter Link Formula that you apply to the Columns end point of the scorecard from within the Dashboard that your scorecard is embedded within. Your TI filter formula will return you the tuple of the selected quarter. Configure the Filter Link Formula to intercept that value and manipulate it into the desired set. If you want to get a set of the last four quarters including that one the Filter Link Formula would be something along the lines of  <<SourceValue>>.LAG(3) : <<SourceValue>>.

Cheers,

Nick

Friday, July 18, 2008 9:46 AM

All replies

• Hi G,

Yes, this is definitely possible but don't use a Custom Set Formula that is based in the scorecard. Instead use a Filter Link Formula that you apply to the Columns end point of the scorecard from within the Dashboard that your scorecard is embedded within. Your TI filter formula will return you the tuple of the selected quarter. Configure the Filter Link Formula to intercept that value and manipulate it into the desired set. If you want to get a set of the last four quarters including that one the Filter Link Formula would be something along the lines of  <<SourceValue>>.LAG(3) : <<SourceValue>>.

Cheers,

Nick

Friday, July 18, 2008 9:46 AM
  • Thanks once again Nick. I'll look to doing that.

On a similar note, and I've asked this in another post:

Can I set up a Trend Analysis report that will run of this Dynamic Scorecard? It seems I need to have members set on the columns before this will work, but these members really should be the ones created by the filter.

Thanks.

Friday, July 18, 2008 9:51 AM