hp printer p1005 driver RRS feed

• Question

• i did everything possible to install drivers for hp p1005 on my laptop with windows vista home basic 32-bit operating sysytem but i failed every time

i tried with all the USB ports , install and then it is not recognized by the operating system ... this happens every time

i made a try on a pc and it goes fine and installed correctly on my pc with windows xp

but i need the driver software to install the hp p1005 on my laptop .... what can i do ??

for the installation i used the driver cd indulded with the printer and also i downloaded a 194 MB file from hp website ... and all fails

im getting tired and dissappointed ....there is any way other than changing my operating system ?

drabdoxp2002@hotmail.com

thanks you all

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 8:17 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This behavior occurs if the driver is not compatible.

The latest driver for Windows Vista can be downloaded from the following website.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3435676&lang=en

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

After you download the driver and software, I suggest that you remove the existed driver components for HP P1005.

Remove printer

1. Click the "Start" button, type PRINTER in the search box and press Enter.

2. Find the icons which are related to HP P1005, and delete them.

3. Right-click on the blank part of the window, and choose "Run as administrator"->"Server Properties".

4. On the Drivers tab, select the listed printer and click the Remove button. Please then select Remove driver and driver package.

5. Open Start menu, input APPWIZ.CPL in the Search box and press ENTER to launch "Programs and Features".

6. Try to remove all related printer software.

Please then reinstall the latest driver.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you disable the anti-virus temporary, and then try to install again.

Hope it helps.

Friday, October 31, 2008 8:43 AM