none
DPM BACKUP failed with error 30112 RRS feed

• Question

• hi , I am getting error

DPM encountered a retryable VSS error. (ID 30112 Details: VssError:The writer experienced a transient error.  If the backup process is retried,
    the error may not reoccur.
    (0x800423F3))

In the hyper-V error is

Failed to create the volume shadow copy inside of virtual machine (Virtual machine ID 9F5D8376-7708-4485-9BB2-BC3701EAE5A9).

earlier 15 days back. a backup successfully worked. I can see under view contents that a backup is available for the same VM. now suddenly the backup failed.

--parkar

UAE

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 6:25 AM

All replies

• hi,

I have checked that. it is different. the solution was latest integration services. in my case it is already up to date.

when I run vssadmin list writers on host. it was ok. but when I run it on VM machine inside. it was not ok . it showed vss sql writer in failed state. what does it mean. service was in running state.

I restarted the sql writer service and then issue the same command: vssadmin list writers. it was ok .It did not show failed state. but when I run the backup using DPM it again showed failed state in the command output.

so is it some problem within sql?

--parkar

UAE

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 4:03 PM
  • hi,

once again, I have found that inside sql VM, sqlwriter is in failed state. when I refresh the sql writer service, then it will not show failed state. but when backup runs. it will put sqlwriter in sql VM as retryable and failed state.

is it something related to permission issue. or is it like domain user I am using in DPM it should be in sql dba group. and check if it works.

what It can be

--parkar

UAE

Friday, December 13, 2013 3:43 PM