New Top Support Solutions blog RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello

As part of our efforts to keep our communities informed about the most relevant content that address the top questions that we are getting in out forums and other support channels we want to introduce the new “Top Solution Content” blog (http://blogs.technet.com/b/topsupportsolutions).

In this blog you will find up-to-date and valuable information about Microsoft top support solutions for several of our popular products in the Server and Tools portfolio. You can use the tags (http://blogs.technet.com/b/topsupportsolutions/archive/tags) to easily locate the product of your preference or visit the home page to see what’s going on for the different Microsoft Enterprise and developer products. As a blog you can also subscribe to post and comments using the RSS feeds.

We hope this will reduce time and effort when you are looking for relevant content. Enjoy it!

Thanks

Microsoft Support team

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

• Changed type Karen Hu Friday, December 20, 2013 3:15 AM it's not an issue
    Friday, December 20, 2013 3:09 AM

All replies

• i am having a connection issue following update from windows 8 to 8.1.

I contacted windows support and they acknowledged the problem and told me that it would cost me $149 to fix.

if I wanted to fix it myself I would have to run sfc/scannow at command prompt.

I did this for ...yes system files corruption.

if I didn't pay them, the other option is to find someone with an uncorrupted file and copy and past into my comp.

I view this as blackmail..

they upgrade a defective product and then attempt to extort cash to fix there product...

very very sad indeed.

I have already ordered a mac.

I will never own another windows based product.

I hope the company go under.

Thursday, May 15, 2014 3:55 PM
  • I took the opportunity of a free upgrade win 8.1 since then my laptop freezes on startup not everytime but on some days it can take me an hour to get my computer up and running. Microsoft tech took control of my PC and found that there were errors which he assured me that he had fixed. Four days later my PC froze again on startup so I got back in touch with Mary T at the support desk. Not supportive at all!!!!! Wanted $149 to fix the problem for me, would not let me talk with a supervisor just gave me an address in USA to make a complaint to (not much use to me in UK). The freeze up problem along with other problems are with the product and because of this should be fixed free of charge. Microsoft have sold me a product that is obviously not fit for purpose and now wants me to pay so that they can fix it--da. Blackmail Im going to complain to the trading standards office - we may be past just having a free fix if my PC refuses to start and I lose all of the data inside.
    Thursday, July 24, 2014 9:04 AM