none
Emails from specific user's inbox go to deleted items on their own (Exchange 2007) RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon,

Our scenario is we migrated from E2003 to E2007 about a year ago and since then we've had no problems.

However,

there is one user who is having problems where mail after a certain date is going into the deleted items after 10 minutes.

I have deleted the user and mailbox and re-created it to find it still happens.

i've used the MCFMAPI tool to find no rules. there are no rules setup in Outlook.

I have also used the exchange command shell to set his mailbox to autoupdate rather than autoprocess.

Monday, December 10, 2012 2:42 PM

Answers

• I assume you mean "does not".  Does the user connect with any other client, such as a POP client, or a mobile device?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

• Marked as answer by Alphanumbers Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:52 AM
    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:45 PM
  • Thanks Ed.

After speaking with the client yesterday I was made aware that he had a Blackberry which had his email on and this was stolen around the "certain date" i mentioned above. I have removed his email from his Blackberry device (via Blackberry Internet Services) and since then I have found his email is behaving.

If i'd have seen your reply first i'd have probably found this so i'm going to mark your reply as the answer.

thanks for your time and help.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:52 AM

All replies

• Are you  sure that you have no managed folder policy applied to the mailbox?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

• Proposed as answer by PK M Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:44 AM
    Monday, December 10, 2012 5:52 PM
  • Hi Ed,

I have checked the Managed Folder Policy and can confirm this user (or any) have any policies applied.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 10:10 AM
  • I assume you mean "does not".  Does the user connect with any other client, such as a POP client, or a mobile device?

• Marked as answer by Alphanumbers Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:52 AM
    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:45 PM
  • Thanks Ed.

After speaking with the client yesterday I was made aware that he had a Blackberry which had his email on and this was stolen around the "certain date" i mentioned above. I have removed his email from his Blackberry device (via Blackberry Internet Services) and since then I have found his email is behaving.

If i'd have seen your reply first i'd have probably found this so i'm going to mark your reply as the answer.

thanks for your time and help.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:52 AM
  • Glad you have a solution and thanks for the mark.

Monday, December 17, 2012 1:35 AM