roaming user profiles don't work RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! I have two domain with trust. In domain A i'm creating user with roaming profiles (folder with profiles located in another file server). In domain B i want use this user account with roaming profiles from domain A, but then i logging i get error: cannot get data about configuration domain controller

Can i use roaming profiles in another domain?

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 1:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for posting here!
    If you want a user apply the local user's policy when log into a 2way-trusted forest , we need to enable the the following policy: Allow Cross-Forest User Policy and Roaming User Profiles.
    We can set it as following :
    Computer Configuration, double-click Administrative Templates, double-click
    System, and then click Group Policy.
    In the right pane, double-click .
    Click Enabled,

Best Regards,
    Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, December 5, 2019 4:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting here!
    If you want a user apply the local user's policy when log into a 2way-trusted forest , we need to enable the the following policy: Allow Cross-Forest User Policy and Roaming User Profiles.
    We can set it as following :
    Computer Configuration, double-click Administrative Templates, double-click
    System, and then click Group Policy.
    In the right pane, double-click .
    Click Enabled,

Best Regards,
    Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, December 5, 2019 4:22 AM
  • i should activate this on domain b, right?
    Thursday, December 5, 2019 4:59 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, where the computer located.

Best Regards,

Fan

Thursday, December 5, 2019 8:21 AM
  • It's working, but at several user we can't change password. He enters old password, new password and then got error: Failed to retrieve configuration information from the domain controller. It is either disabled or not accessible
    Friday, December 6, 2019 11:38 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

When you said "several user can't change password", would you please tell more information about the users?
    Are these users random?
    Users from which domain?
    Did they change the password when they log into workstations in their own domain?

Best Regards,

Fan

Monday, December 9, 2019 2:26 AM
  • it's users from domain A. when they first login to wrokstation on domain B, they got this error. It's random users
    Monday, December 9, 2019 5:02 AM
  • Hi,

Do you mean : when the users firstly login to the domain B , they try to change the password, and then received the error: "Failed to retrieve configuration information from the domain controller. It is either disabled or not accessible? " If i misunderstand you , please let me know.

I would recommend you check the following box was checked or not:

Best Regards,

Fan

Monday, December 9, 2019 8:29 AM
  • Yes, it. It's value checked
    Monday, December 9, 2019 8:48 AM
  • Hi,

Then ,please check the mini password age for the users in the group policy.

Also, All the users are delegated change password permission?

Did you try to change the password on the client in the local domain , not the trusted domain.

Best Regards,

Fan

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 8:17 AM