vista connection status error/media problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've recently encountered some problems in which my internet connection icon shows the error message:  "Connection Status:  Unknown, Server Execution Failed." My internet still works fine, but it just shows that message when I hover over the icon. In addition, I am unable to play audio files via Winamp or play video files thru windows media player, and my aol instant messenger has also stopped working.  What can I do? 

Thanks
    Friday, June 29, 2007 11:51 PM

All replies

• Exactly the same issue started on July 3, 2007.  Internet works fine.  Hope the folks reading these can suggest a solution.  Windows Media Player also has quit playing with an error suggesting a sound card update might be required, but none has been indicated when I went to see if there were any.

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 4:37 PM
  • same with me, i just spent so much time and energy solving the installation of quicktime+itumes problem, again comes the network connection unknown problem, it seems that updated softwares are not functioning properly in windows vista. thats annoying.
    Thursday, July 5, 2007 7:25 PM
  • i have the same problem too. i've tried enabling/disabling services and things. i've tried system restore and it helps until you restart. i think it may have something to do with bluetooth? (i'm using hp pavilion dv2500t) this is really annoying.
    Friday, July 13, 2007 2:33 AM
  • hi i did exactly have the same problem, but after i did the factory restore, everything is working fine now, however, lots of my things being lost and i have to reinstall everything. just do it, it will solve the problem if you have everything backed up.
    Sunday, July 15, 2007 10:22 AM
  • i also reset my notebook to factory setting and it didnt solve the problem. i think there are either drivers/software that is messing with the network settings...disabling or something,
    Sunday, July 15, 2007 6:58 PM