none
Problem with association file RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I encoutered a problem with the new interface to determine the file association with the right software. Here the context :

I have installed more than 300 Office 365 on computers of world wide company. Those computers have Office 2010. To avoid compability issues, we let the both Office 2010 and 365 on the computers as Microsoft recommend.

On a lot of computers, I see the MS-EXCEL protocol always point on "Microsoft Office 2010" and of course, with W10, I am absolutely unable to choose whatever software I want. The list cannot be modified. To be unable to do that makes me very angry but it isn't the subject of this thread. 

So after doing a Quick repair, the MS-EXCEL protocol comes back with the good association. Okay, but I will not do that on the 50 computers those have the same problem. I don't identified that list and I will not wait the users to tell me they have a problem with this. So I searched for how I can export that association. I have seen I can export an xml and tadaaa : that export don't contain the MS-* protocols association. This is very boring !!!!!

Has anyone else encountered that *ù^$:*$ problem ? I have to administrate a big infrastructure as a lot of you. Don't exist a powershell command line to do the association ? I have searched a lot and doesn't find anything about it.

Friday, July 19, 2019 8:45 AM

All replies