Exchange 2007 OWA stops working with reason=0 after sp3 ru12 update RRS feed

• Question

• When trying to connect to OWA may receive a internet browser script error or a blank page with a URL simular to the below

https://mail.domain.com/owa/auth/logon.aspx?url=https://mail.domain.com/owa/&reason=0

I had to uninstall rollup to get it to work again. Any ideas of what the update changed. If I use Firefox the page will show but, all text.

Sunday, December 15, 2013 5:27 PM

Answers

All replies

• Same problem here, Exchange 2007 OWA on Internet Explorer shows a blank page after sp3 ru12. Server is Win2003 x64 SP2.

On Chrome I can see a text version of OWA.

I'm uninstalling the rollup too.

Monday, December 16, 2013 12:25 PM
  • Hi all,

you do not have to rollback. There is a Solution.

Step 2) Navigate to your Exchange Bin directory via the management shell – usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Bin

Step 3) Run the UpdateOWA.ps1 script (done by entering .\UpdateOWA.ps1)

worked for me.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 1:33 PM
  • Hi,

I suggest re-creating the OWA Virtual Directory.

Found a similar thread for your reference:

OWA Blank Logon Page After Update Rollup 12 for Exchange 2007 SP3

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/5f8f9946-143e-4e4b-b016-732bfe8f8735/owa-blank-logon-page-after-update-rollup-12-for-exchange-2007-sp3?forum=exchangesvrclientslegacy

Hope it is helpful

Thanks

Mavis

Mavis Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 19, 2013 6:54 AM
  • Thank you,

I'll install again the rollup and follow the instructions on next weekend and let you know the results (powershell trick first, OWA Virtual directory second).

Davide

Thursday, December 19, 2013 9:45 AM
  • Hi David,

OK, waiting for your good news.

Feel free to contact me if there is any problem.

Thanks

Mavis

Mavis Huang

Thursday, December 19, 2013 12:32 PM
  • I've just reinstalled the CU, rebooted the server and... OWA works.
    No need to fix or trick.

I'll post again if something changes.

In the meantime thank you and Merry Christmas :)

Davide

Saturday, December 21, 2013 9:21 AM
  • Hi,

My pleasure. I wish you a Merry Christmas : )

Thanks

Mavis

Mavis Huang

Saturday, December 21, 2013 10:38 AM
  • Thank you guys for your help. Our Exchange server was having this exact issue and your solution fixed it. I followed Simon_Wu's suggestion and ran the UpdateOwa.ps1 file and that did it for me.

Thanks again!

I Corinthians 15:1-4

Monday, December 23, 2013 4:11 PM
  • I had exactly the same Problem.

Your solution made my day!

Thanks

Monday, December 30, 2013 9:34 PM
  • I've just reinstalled the CU, rebooted the server and... OWA works.
    No need to fix or trick.

I'll post again if something changes.

In the meantime thank you and Merry Christmas :)

Davide

What does "CU" stand for?. My native language is not English, sorry.

I am having the same issue, but "UpdateOWA.ps1" does not seem to work.

Luis Olías Técnico/Admon Sistemas . Sevilla (España - Spain)

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 1:09 PM
  • What does "CU" stand for?. My native language is not English, sorry.

I am having the same issue, but "UpdateOWA.ps1" does not seem to work.

Hi, CU is Cumulative Update,probably Rollup update (RU) is more correct in English (I'm not native too).

I've seen rollup update 13 is available now, could it be that this last update caused the issue on your server?

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 1:24 PM
  • Thanks Davide,

I don't know, I was trying just now to recreate the OWA Directory, as pointed out above, but I am having some problems with that too.

So, do you think that Update 13 is necessary for this issue to disappear?.

Thanks again.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 1:28 PM
  • Thanks Davide,

I don't know, I was trying just now to recreate the OWA Directory, as pointed out above, but I am having some problems with that too.

So, do you think that Update 13 is necessary for this issue to disappear?.

Thanks again.

Luis, actually I don't know.

I'still haven't installed the 13, my server is at 12 now. When I had the issue I immediatly uninstalled the 12th update to let OWA work. Then in that weekend (last Christmas) I reinstalled that update, rebooting the server before and after, and the problem disappeared.

If you are now at 12th update and need to have OWA to work asap you could do the same, sorry but I don't have a better answer.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 1:42 PM
  • Luis, actually I don't know.

I'still haven't installed the 13, my server is at 12 now. When I had the issue I immediatly uninstalled the 12th update to let OWA work. Then in that weekend (last Christmas) I reinstalled that update, rebooting the server before and after, and the problem disappeared.

If you are now at 12th update and need to have OWA to work asap you could do the same, sorry but I don't have a better answer.

I'll do the same . Anyway, maybe this is silly but my Exchange is running now over an expired Windows 2008 Trial Version, so, I am guessing that could be the trouble...

Thanks!

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 3:41 PM
  • Hi,

Similar issue on Exchange 2010. 

After you install update rollup 1,2 or 3 on an Exchange 2010 Client Access Server you often get a blank OWA page when browsing to OWA page.

or

OWA stops working with “reason=0” error 

Resolution:

To fix this issue you must start updatecas.ps1 in the Exchange Management Shell. 
    You can find the script in C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Bin 

Reference: http://hackerhangout.blogspot.in/2015/02/outlook-web-access-doesnt-open-after.html

Monday, February 9, 2015 1:57 PM