locked
Can't access mailbox: Stuck in proccess of being moved RRS feed

  • Question

  • When trying to open a user's mailbox, I get this message:

    This mailbox can't be opened. For more information, contact your helpdesk.

    Looking at the error logs in Exchange I see this:

     
    User (USERNAME)  (/o=Company /ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=name,user) failed to log on because their mailbox is in the process of being moved.
     
    I don’t see her listed in the move requests section though, no one is listed there.
    Any ideas?
    Monday, April 4, 2011 2:53 PM

Answers

  • Wow, please disregard. The answer was so obvious.


    For some reason our domain admin permissions were stripped from this one users mailbox, thus we could not log in. Once we added domain admins back to the Manage Full-Access permission we could get in.

    Sorry about that, thanks for your time, Andy.

    Monday, April 4, 2011 4:13 PM

All replies

  • How about with Get-MoveRequest ?

    Any other errors? Check the CAS, any Mailbox Repl Service errors? Is that service started? Can you restart it?

     

     

    Monday, April 4, 2011 3:25 PM
  • Hi Andy,

     

    Thanks for the reply.

    Get-MoveRequest did not return anything, nor did get-moverequest -movestatus inprogress.

     

    The Mailbox Replication Service was started. We went ahead and restarted that and the System Attendant.

    There are some errors relating to Mailbox Replication Service, but they are stemming from an old database store that we are no longer using, so I'm not sure if this is related. I believe this data store was corrupt so our main Exchange admin created new data stores and moved everyone out.

     

    The Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Replication service was unable to process jobs in a mailbox database.

    Database: MailStore2010 A-H

    Error: MapiExceptionLogonFailed: Unable to open message store. (hr=0x80040111, ec=-2147221231)

    Diagnostic context:

        Lid: 55847   EMSMDBPOOL.EcPoolSessionDoRpc called [length=233]

        Lid: 43559   EMSMDBPOOL.EcPoolSessionDoRpc returned [ec=0x0][length=272][latency=0]

        Lid: 23226   --- ROP Parse Start ---

        Lid: 27962   ROP: ropLogon [254]

        Lid: 17082   ROP Error: 0x80040111

        Lid: 26937 

        Lid: 21921   StoreEc: 0x80040111

        Lid: 27962   ROP: ropExtendedError [250]

        Lid: 1494    ---- Remote Context Beg ----

        Lid: 26426   ROP: ropLogon [254]

        Lid: 44215 

        Lid: 60049   StoreEc: 0x8004010F

        Lid: 49469 

        Lid: 65341   StoreEc: 0x8004010F

        Lid: 56125 

        Lid: 47933   StoreEc: 0x8004010F

        Lid: 32829 

        Lid: 49213   StoreEc: 0x8004010F

        Lid: 48573 

        Lid: 64957   StoreEc: 0x8004010F

        Lid: 59409 

        Lid: 45073 

        Lid: 11173   StoreEc: 0x80040111

        Lid: 22970 

        Lid: 8620    StoreEc: 0x80040111

        Lid: 1750    ---- Remote Context End ----

        Lid: 26849 

        Lid: 21817   ROP Failure: 0x80040111

        Lid: 26297 

        Lid: 16585   StoreEc: 0x80040111

        Lid: 32441 

        Lid: 1706    StoreEc: 0x80040111

        Lid: 24761 

        Lid: 20665   StoreEc: 0x80040111

        Lid: 25785 

        Lid: 29881   StoreEc: 0x80040111

     

    I also see this error message:

    Exchange Search Indexer failed to enable the Mailbox Database MailStore2010 A-H (GUID = d4781923-5c80-4b85-92dd-bdbc22947463) after 1 tries. The last failure was: MapiExceptionMdbOffline: Unable to get CI watermark (hr=0x80004005, ec=1142)

     

    Monday, April 4, 2011 4:05 PM
  • Wow, please disregard. The answer was so obvious.


    For some reason our domain admin permissions were stripped from this one users mailbox, thus we could not log in. Once we added domain admins back to the Manage Full-Access permission we could get in.

    Sorry about that, thanks for your time, Andy.

    Monday, April 4, 2011 4:13 PM