Update CopyProfile unattend.xml Windows 10 LTSB & Enterprise version 1511? RRS feed

• Question

• I just want to confirm that the CopyProfile function in the unattend.xml is still broken in Windows 10? I have tried LTSB and the most recent version 1511 from Feb of 2016.

Thank you!

Monday, April 25, 2016 2:51 PM

Answers

• I do have one solution! After days of searching and trial/error I came across this post

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3020-windows-10-image-customize-audit-mode-sysprep-32.html

I was able to successfully use copyprofile function for all users by sysprepping my LTSB Windows 10 in Audit Mode. 

Hopefully, I am able to assist others who are having issues with the CopyProfile in their unattend.xml

Thank you

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 5:06 PM

All replies

• Hi

The copyprofile function is not working for me.

You are writing about LTSB and 1511 - that is 2 different versions of Windows 10.

The Windows 10 - Build 1511 is just gone CBB.

The Windows 10 LTSB is still the same as it was on RTM.

Kind regards

Per Larsen

Twitter: @PerLarsen1975 | Blog: osddeployment.wordpress.com
    If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Monday, April 25, 2016 3:17 PM
  • Correct! I have tested the function on both versions and it is still not working for me. Any recommendations for me deploying this in an enterprise environment? There are certain things such as wallpapers, desktop icons, startmenu, etc that I would like to have standard for all users and really dont want to resort to GPOs.

Thank you!

Monday, April 25, 2016 3:21 PM
  • Hi

I use GPO and it works fine.

And Wallpaper, desktop icons and starmenu you can customize in your OS deployment.

Kind regards

Per Larsen

Twitter: @PerLarsen1975 | Blog: osddeployment.wordpress.com
    If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Monday, April 25, 2016 4:36 PM
  • I do have one solution! After days of searching and trial/error I came across this post

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3020-windows-10-image-customize-audit-mode-sysprep-32.html

I was able to successfully use copyprofile function for all users by sysprepping my LTSB Windows 10 in Audit Mode. 

Hopefully, I am able to assist others who are having issues with the CopyProfile in their unattend.xml

Thank you

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 5:06 PM