none
2013 Update 2 Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I went ahead and updated my MDT 2013 Update 1 to Update 2. I had issues upgrading the deploymentshare(s) themselves, but I was able to get through it; however now I am unable to create a new boot file from the deploymentshare itself.

below is the error that I get!

=== Making sure the deployment share has the latest x86 tools ===

=== Processing LiteTouchPE (x86) boot image ===

Building requested boot image profile.
    Determining if any changes have been made in the boot image configuration.
    No existing boot image profile found for platform x86 so a new image will be created.
    Calculating hashes for requested content.

System.Management.Automation.CmdletInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms.
       at System.Security.Cryptography.SHA256Managed..ctor()
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
       at System.Security.Cryptography.CryptoConfig.CreateFromName(String name, Object[] args)
       at System.Security.Cryptography.SHA256.Create()
       at Microsoft.BDD.PSSnapIn.Utility.HashFile(String path)
       at Microsoft.BDD.PSSnapIn.UpdateDeploymentPoint.AddHashes(XmlDocument theDoc, String xpath, String platform)
       at Microsoft.BDD.PSSnapIn.UpdateDeploymentPoint.UpdateBootImage(String template, String platform, String dpPath, Boolean createISO, String isoName)
       at Microsoft.BDD.PSSnapIn.UpdateDeploymentPoint.ProcessRecord()
       at System.Management.Automation.CommandProcessor.ProcessRecord()
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.PipelineBase.Invoke(IEnumerable input)
       at Microsoft.BDD.Wizards.UpdateProgress.WizardProcessing()
       at Microsoft.BDD.Wizards.WizardProgress.InitiateWizardProcessing()

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 7:34 PM

Answers

• Hi

I have seen this error before when the deploymentshare issent upgrated correct.

try this:

Change the version.xml file in %DeployRoot%\Control

From

<version>6.3.8298.1000</version>

to

<version>6.2.8298.1000</version>

The start the Deployment Workbench and import the Deployment Share again.

Right click on the deployment share and upgrade - the it will upgrade files from MDT 2013 Update 2 again.

Kind regards
    Per Larsen
    Twitter: @PerLarsen1975 | Blog: osddeployment.wordpress.com
    If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

• Proposed as answer by Ty GlanderModerator Wednesday, February 17, 2016 10:23 PM
    • Marked as answer by MBriles Thursday, February 18, 2016 12:05 PM
    Wednesday, February 17, 2016 8:49 PM

All replies

• Hi

I have seen this error before when the deploymentshare issent upgrated correct.

try this:

Change the version.xml file in %DeployRoot%\Control

From

<version>6.3.8298.1000</version>

to

<version>6.2.8298.1000</version>

The start the Deployment Workbench and import the Deployment Share again.

Right click on the deployment share and upgrade - the it will upgrade files from MDT 2013 Update 2 again.

Kind regards
    Per Larsen

• Proposed as answer by Ty GlanderModerator Wednesday, February 17, 2016 10:23 PM
    • Marked as answer by MBriles Thursday, February 18, 2016 12:05 PM
    Wednesday, February 17, 2016 8:49 PM
  • That sounds like it will work. Unfortunately I had to get a lot of work done, so I reverted back to update 1 and changed the version.xml to match that of the update 1. Once I have time I will try your work around. I hope it works!

thanks.

Thursday, February 18, 2016 12:04 PM
  • Hello Per

Changing the version in xml not worked in my case, please advise.

regards / Abhishek

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 1:12 PM
  • Hi

What version of the ADK are you using?

Kind regards
    Per Larsen

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 9:25 PM
  • Hi.  I too had updated my deployment share, to no avail.  What worked for me was to turn off the FIPS encryption requirement on my MDT server and reboot.  I typed gpedit.msc in the Run prompt to bring up the GPO editor, then went to Computer Configuration-->Windows Settings-->Security Settings-->Local Policies-->Security Options and set "System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing" to Disabled. This was probably set to "Enabled" because I am using a US Govt baseline MDT server.  I bet something in MDT uses MD5 as hash algorithm somewhere.  

• Proposed as answer by JENKINSE Tuesday, August 16, 2016 12:05 PM
    Friday, June 17, 2016 2:30 AM
  • your tip works. outstanding.
    Thursday, June 30, 2016 9:28 PM
  • Your solution works and was the best indeed. Thanks 
    Thursday, September 22, 2016 2:38 PM
  • Your solution works and was the best indeed. Thanks 

Thursday, September 22, 2016 2:39 PM
  • Hi.  I too had updated my deployment share, to no avail.  What worked for me was to turn off the FIPS encryption requirement on my MDT server and reboot.  I typed gpedit.msc in the Run prompt to bring up the GPO editor, then went to Computer Configuration-->Windows Settings-->Security Settings-->Local Policies-->Security Options and set "System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing" to Disabled. This was probably set to "Enabled" because I am using a US Govt baseline MDT server.  I bet something in MDT uses MD5 as hash algorithm somewhere.  

This is worked for me.  Also using AGM/UGM gov't provided image. 
    Wednesday, February 15, 2017 7:24 PM