none
DPM error for file server RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I have a DPM2007 server which is backing up a number of file servers. For this one particular drive on a server, while trying to run a consistency check, it gives an error :

DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy31\..... (ID 2033 Details: Incorrect function (0x80070001))

This error persists only for one particular folder. I tried accessing that folder (on the file server) on which DPM gives an error, it appears fine. But everytime I try to run a consistency check, it returns the same error. Please Help.

Thanks in anticipation

Pavit 

Monday, January 30, 2012 3:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

On the protected server, please run chkdsk X: /F  (where X: is the volume drive letter of the problematic volume)  When complete see if a CC will completes. 

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, February 10, 2012 1:18 AM
  • Hi Mike,

I excluded the folder from the protection group, but this error kept coming for different locations. So I checked the RAID manager on the server, and it's showing RAID puncture errors and media errors, and I think the whole RAID array needs to be rebuilt. The server is on the verge of data-loss, so Im a little sceptical of running the chkdsk command as it might make the situation worse.

Thanks

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 8:57 AM