Location of QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) .officeUI files RRS feed

• Question

• What is the location of the .OfficeUI file for Windows 10 and Office 2016 it is not in:

·         C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

·         C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook

I found it on 1 machine and this is the standard answer everywhere online, but I am writing a script that will add a button from an Add-In to a QAT file and have found it cannot be done programmatically only be adding the script to the .officeUI file. And I have found that the .OfficeUI file is not always in \Microsoft\Outlook, in fact I am unable to find it on 3 of our local machines.

I have tried setting the location to roaming in the registry by adding:

·         Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Toolbars\customuiroaming

But this has not caused a new file to be created, and the Office Customization Tool just seems to make the same change “Allow roaming of all user customization”.

So does anyone know where else the OfficeUI files with the QAT can be stored, how to set their location or return them to default?

Thanks for your help.

Monday, January 22, 2018 12:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Andrew,

The location of the .officeUI files is:

• Roaming Registry key is not set: %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Office\*.officeUI
    • Roaming Registry key is set: %AppData%\Microsoft\Office\*.officeUI

It's not under the Outlook folder.

You can refer to following article for details:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ee704589%28v=office.14%29.aspx

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, January 24, 2018 2:54 AM
    Tuesday, January 23, 2018 5:36 AM
  • Hi Steve

I had found it thanks.

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 11:00 AM
  • Good to hear that! Thank you for the confirmation.

By the way, could you help mark my reply as the answer if it helps, so that it will be benefit other community members who may encounter a similar issue? Thank you for the understanding.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 2:54 AM