none
Forwarding Exchange email address to Personal email address using FIM 2010 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am working on a FIM project, and I need your help to forwarding exchange email address to users personal email address.

I have domain as "example@mydomain.com" and by using FIM 2010 R2 I provisioned email address  into the exchange server.

Now customer also wants to send this email address to User`s personal email Address individually as example@gmail.com, Please suggest how we do this usnig FIM 2010 R2.

Thanks`

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 3:42 PM

Answers

• Hi

Please explain if you want to send email to a users gmail address when exchange address is created OR if you want to forward the users exchange mail to the gmail address?

If you only want to send email to a gmail address when the exchange address is created you will need to save the gmail address on the user you create. When the exchange address is created and imported into FIM from AD you can send email to the gmail address using a action workflow and standard notification with email templates.

As recipient you first have to create a workflow parameter where you pick the gmail address from [//target/gmailaddressattribute] and put that value in [//workflowdata/gmailparameter] . In the action workflow notification you use [//workflowdata/gmailparameter] as recipient.

If you want alternative 2, I would suggest a custom Powershell Workflow Activity > Exchange.

//Christian

• Marked as answer by ankitgupta25 Wednesday, June 5, 2013 6:04 PM
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 3:34 PM

All replies

• Hi

Please explain if you want to send email to a users gmail address when exchange address is created OR if you want to forward the users exchange mail to the gmail address?

If you only want to send email to a gmail address when the exchange address is created you will need to save the gmail address on the user you create. When the exchange address is created and imported into FIM from AD you can send email to the gmail address using a action workflow and standard notification with email templates.

As recipient you first have to create a workflow parameter where you pick the gmail address from [//target/gmailaddressattribute] and put that value in [//workflowdata/gmailparameter] . In the action workflow notification you use [//workflowdata/gmailparameter] as recipient.

If you want alternative 2, I would suggest a custom Powershell Workflow Activity > Exchange.

//Christian

• Marked as answer by ankitgupta25 Wednesday, June 5, 2013 6:04 PM
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 3:34 PM
  • Hi,

I just want to forward the users exchange mail to the gmail address and I have found the solution to forword email by using below link:

Create Custom Powershell Activity

http://fim.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=PSWorkflowActivity

***Email  Forwarder Using Powershell

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd351134(v=exchg.150).aspx

Thanks,

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 6:07 PM