none
DPM 2012 RBA with SCOM 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We need some help about DPM 2012 RBA. We set up DPM 2012 as stand alone and then we set up SCOM 2012 on Central Console. We have imported the management packs and lastly running the DefaultRoleConnector.exe, we have performed the authorisation for RBA (Role Based Access). However, when we try to get connection with the user who made the authorisation, we are stil having the following error:

Unable to connect to dpm.contoso.com (ID: 33333)

In fact, our intention is the following:

There are 20 locations and in each location Windows Server 2008 ADC is already setup and tape units is connected to these units.

We want to support to someone from one of the support team, to be able to backup tape unit from Windows Server 2008, making DPM 2012 with RBA to be able to backup.

Do we need to set up all the roles of DPM in each location? Can not we realise this request making RBA?

Thanks

Monday, May 6, 2013 7:57 AM

All replies

• Any ideas?
    Friday, May 10, 2013 6:23 AM
  • Jalal,

I'm a bit confused on what you are trying to accomplish.  Just to be sure I understand fully what you are doing here, I would like to ask a few questions.

It sounds like you have set up SCOM and run the DefaultRoleConfigurator.exe tool on the SCOM management server.  This is where I am hazy.  The user in question has been added to the either that existing Tape Operator or Tape Admin role?  After adding the user, on his workstation with Operations Manager console installed, what is he selecting in order to get the error you mention?

Thanks, Chris Butcher - MSFT This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Friday, May 10, 2013 1:40 PM