none
Looking for Microsoft.IdentityManagement.WFExtensionInterfaces.dll

Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to create a custom workflow activity, and I've been reading and following the documentation here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee652258%28VS.100%29.aspx

However, I can't seem to locate Microsoft.IdentityManagement.WFExtensionInterfaces.dll anywhere in my FIM install.

Can anyone point me to where this file is located?

Thanks,
    Mark
    Friday, January 22, 2010 4:44 PM

Answers

• Another way to get the DLL is to extract the Microsoft.IdentityManagement.WFExtensionInterfaces.dll from the MicrosoftILMPortalCommonDlls.wsp container, which is located in the %programfiles%\Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager\2010\Portal folder.

Copy the MicrosoftILMPortalCommonDlls.wsp file and rename it to *.cab; open that up and extract the assembly.

Cheers,

Marc
    Marc Mac Donell, ILM MVP, VP Identity and Access Solutions, Avaleris Inc.
    Friday, January 22, 2010 7:47 PM
  • There are a couple of ways to get it...

I either
         1) use "SUBST G: C:\WINDOWS\ASSEMBLY" and map visual studio to the GAC_UTIL\<Assembly Name>
         2) use the command prompt to naviage to the same place and copy the DLL somewhere else (you can't see them with Exploere).

Eric
    Eric
    Friday, January 22, 2010 7:27 PM

All replies

• There are a couple of ways to get it...

I either
         1) use "SUBST G: C:\WINDOWS\ASSEMBLY" and map visual studio to the GAC_UTIL\<Assembly Name>
         2) use the command prompt to naviage to the same place and copy the DLL somewhere else (you can't see them with Exploere).

Eric
    Eric
    Friday, January 22, 2010 7:27 PM
  • Another way to get the DLL is to extract the Microsoft.IdentityManagement.WFExtensionInterfaces.dll from the MicrosoftILMPortalCommonDlls.wsp container, which is located in the %programfiles%\Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager\2010\Portal folder.

Copy the MicrosoftILMPortalCommonDlls.wsp file and rename it to *.cab; open that up and extract the assembly.

Cheers,

Marc
    Marc Mac Donell, ILM MVP, VP Identity and Access Solutions, Avaleris Inc.
    Friday, January 22, 2010 7:47 PM
  • Thanks Marc

My workflows were ok until I patched to 4.3.2064.0. The service configuration file pointed to 4.3.2064.0 however the Microsoft.IdentityManagement.WFExtensionInterfaces.dll file remained 4.3.1935.0. I unpacked the commonDlls.cab and the version in there is the correct 2064 version....very handy!

Friday, January 29, 2016 3:22 PM