BCM RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I was wondering BCM used to be a function addon in outlook up to outlook 2016 I believe. Is there BCM for outlook 2019 or are there 3rd party software that we can add on to outlook?

Wednesday, June 5, 2019 10:00 PM

All replies

• Hello,

BCM only applies to Outlook 2007, 2010 and 2013, you can refer to the link below:
    Download and install Business Contact Manager for Outlook

According to a reply from a Microsoft representative:

Unfortunately, Microsoft has decided to discontinue Business Contact Manger (BCM) so there won’t be a 2016 version of BCM nor an update to make the current version compatible with Outlook 2016. If you are not ready to give up on BCM just yet, you can set a Registry key value to prevent your Office 365 installation from being upgraded to Office 2016 so you won’t run into any issues. However, we don't recommend you do this as Outlook 2016 is more convenient and functional. More and more products will be developed and integrate with Outlook, for what we've seen, you can see that Skype for Business has good integration with Outlook. So it is suggested you use Outlook 2016 and OCM for your business.

Share information in Outlook Customer Manager

See the post over here:
    Is Microsoft BCM for O365 what I need for sharing full contact email history?

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, June 6, 2019 3:09 AM
    Wednesday, June 5, 2019 10:10 PM
  • Hi JRossno,

I'm wondering if the information above is useful to you.

If yes, it's recommended to mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one.

I also found same information here: Business Contact Manager (BCM) for Outlook 2016

So together with Leon’s reply, BCM will not apply to outlook 2019.

Thank you for your understanding and support!

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Thursday, June 6, 2019 3:15 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, June 7, 2019 5:40 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, June 7, 2019 5:40 AM
    Thursday, June 6, 2019 3:15 AM
  • Hi JRossno,

I'm writing to see if the information above is helpful to you.

If yes, it's recommended to mark it as answer. If you have more concern, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, June 10, 2019 6:54 AM