Echange 2016 Message submission rate exceeded RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I've an on premise Exchange 2016.
    Monthly a third party application generate about 50 emails and send them to Exchange using the "Client Frontend <ServerName>" connector (authenticated SMTP + TLS on port 587).

Only the first 9 emails are sent correctly.
    Starting from the 10th, I got "Message submission rate for this client has exceeded the configured limit".

Send connector have this limits:
    MessageRateLimit                          : 100
    MessageRateSource                         : User
    MaxInboundConnection                      : 5000
    MaxInboundConnectionPerSource             : 20
    MaxInboundConnectionPercentagePerSource   : 2

Where is this 9 email limit coming from?

What can I do to remove it?

Monday, September 3, 2018 5:05 PM

All replies

• The below link can help you understanding message rate limits.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/mail-flow/message-rate-limits

Note: Microsoft recommends that you don't modify these values unless you're directed to do so by Microsoft Customer Service and Support. 

• Edited by Darci Filho Monday, September 3, 2018 6:58 PM
    Monday, September 3, 2018 6:56 PM
  • Hi corradolab,

Except limit on Receiver connector, there also has a trolling policy to limit it, such as:-messageratelimit, -RecipientRateLimit(POP/IMAP4),for more information, you can have a look about this article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/exchange/server-health-and-performance/set-throttlingpolicy?view=exchange-ps 

The limit on receive connector is used for all Exchange server, so there many exist other mails are sending when third party application sends mails, which cause the total items achieve threshold.

So, I would suggest you try to rise the limit on receive connector then try to send mails from this application again, if you still cannot send mores then 9 emails, you can try to rise limit in trolling policy.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 7:11 AM
  • Hi corradolab,

Any update now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, September 14, 2018 2:26 AM