none
Wrong values appearing in the custom fields in Project Information in Microsoft Project Professional 2007. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I came across a strange issue. I have some Project custom fields created on project server 2007 and as we know that these fields can be updated from MSP "Project Information". these fields are using lookup tables.

the Issue is that when i go to project information and update/fill fields, i get wrong random values in the drop-down.

For example there are two fields with lookup tables:

Stage: Initiation, Planning, Execution, Closure.

So when i open the project in MSP and fill the custom fields from project information, i get random values
    like in Stage column i will get "UK, Plaaning, Japan, Closure" in the dropdown.
    Values appear correct when i update project from Project server "Edit Project Information".

Don't know whether it is an issue of project server or MSP Client. 
    It is happenning on almost every client MSP.

Please Help..

sandeep

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 7:38 AM

All replies

• Especially when talking about Project 2007 you have to tell us what service pack level you are on. With Project and Project Server 2007 you must be on SP3 and the last cumulative update. There is no point trying to chase any problem until you are fully updated.

Project 2007 was the buggiest version ever for Project so latest updates are essential (I think they were forced to release 3 months too early to match Office 2007 release date and never recovered).

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 9:06 AM
  • Hi Sandeep,

Is it happening just on 1 unique projects or all projects or randomly? Is it always the same custom fields?

Are you sure that no one opened the project in between and changed the value?

Are you also looking at the same project version (draft versus published)?

Finally, do you have SP3 installed on all machines?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 12:23 PM
  • Thanks Rod and Guillaume,

As you suggested i checked and found out that project server 2007 is only SP2 updated. First let me get the SP3 installed for project server. if still problem stays, i will get back to you people.

Thanks

sandeep

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 5:33 AM