Losing folder view customziations RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, running into an issue where a user's view customizations (some conditional formatting rules) are disappearing, also calendar view is switching to list view. 

Dealing with two exchange accounts, both on Intermedia.

I've tried cleanviews switch. Part of challenge is that:

• There are 3 computers with the mail accounts.
    • Two are office 2016, one is 2013. Two on W10, third is W8.1
    • Both email accounts are about 50 gigs each

..as such, i'd rather not try and start fresh with a new mail profiles, as it can take days to download and reindex.

Anything else I can try? I'd love to get more detail on how these customizations are stored and flow between the computers. Thanks in advance-

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 2:24 PM

All replies

• Hi jpresto,

As far as I know, the custom views and conditional formatting are local to Outlook profile and not related to mailbox. So this might be tricky to share custom views. 

Based on my research and test, to share a custom view or conditional formatting, we can make use of a new PST file and follow the steps mentioned in the link below:

How to copy Microsoft Outlook custom views to backup or share

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope the above information can be helpful.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, October 18, 2018 9:27 AM
  • Thanks, I'm not looking to share but we noticed conditional formatting disappear on two computers with the same email account at the same time.

Another issue I had - which was the initial cause of running cleanviews - was that the calendar view kept switching to list view - again, on at least two computers running the same email accounts.

Thursday, October 18, 2018 2:39 PM
  • Thanks, I'm not looking to share but we noticed conditional formatting disappear on two computers with the same email account at the same time.

Another issue I had - which was the initial cause of running cleanviews - was that the calendar view kept switching to list view - again, on at least two computers running the same email accounts.

Hi jpresto,

Sorry for misunderstanding your problem in my previous reply. Does this problem only occur to a particular computer? If this is the case, I'd like to suggest trying to running Outlook in safe mode(Press Win+R, type "outlook /safe", press Enter.) and check if the issue persists. This helps eliminate if the problem is related to any third-party add-ins. 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, October 22, 2018 9:30 AM