Office Group Inbox - Remove Conversation View RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Please move this if it is in the wrong forum, I couldn't find one that seemed relevant.

We use a few Office 365 Groups, as part of that we are using the inboxes for people to send emails in (internally and externally).  My users have asked if we can turn off conversation view on the email threads, but I cant seem to find an option like you can in your personal inbox.  I did some googling and no such luck.  The problem is if they send out an email, the replies can get lost when there are many.

Office 365 Pro Plus

Exchange Online

As a secondary, I take it you still cant create subfolders in an Office 365 Group inbox?

• Edited by Wayne_Singh Wednesday, October 24, 2018 1:52 AM
    Wednesday, October 24, 2018 1:49 AM

Answers

• Hi Wayne_Singh,

According to my research, I’m afraid that we cannot turn off Conversation View for O365 group.

Please refer to this official article and pay attention to the Tip. As a workaround, we can follow the group and you'll receive the individual messages in your personal inbox.

>>As a secondary, I take it you still cant create subfolders in an Office 365 Group inbox?

Currently, we cannot create subfolder in an O365 group inbox.

Sorry to bring this inconvenience to you. If you have more concerns on this feature, it is encouraged to visit the Outlook user voice forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/ to vote for a similar idea or post your own.

Here are some post you can vote:

Allow users to create folders within 365 Group Conversations / mailboxes

Create email subfolders in Office 365 Groups

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Wednesday, October 24, 2018 8:36 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, October 25, 2018 7:57 AM
    • Marked as answer by Wayne_Singh Monday, November 5, 2018 9:58 PM
    Wednesday, October 24, 2018 8:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Wayne_Singh,

According to my research, I’m afraid that we cannot turn off Conversation View for O365 group.

Please refer to this official article and pay attention to the Tip. As a workaround, we can follow the group and you'll receive the individual messages in your personal inbox.

>>As a secondary, I take it you still cant create subfolders in an Office 365 Group inbox?

Currently, we cannot create subfolder in an O365 group inbox.

Sorry to bring this inconvenience to you. If you have more concerns on this feature, it is encouraged to visit the Outlook user voice forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/ to vote for a similar idea or post your own.

Here are some post you can vote:

Allow users to create folders within 365 Group Conversations / mailboxes

Create email subfolders in Office 365 Groups

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Wednesday, October 24, 2018 8:36 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, October 25, 2018 7:57 AM
    • Marked as answer by Wayne_Singh Monday, November 5, 2018 9:58 PM
    Wednesday, October 24, 2018 8:30 AM
  • Hi Wayne_Singh,

Just check if the information above answered your question. 

It is recommended to mark useful reply as answer so that it will benefit other community members who may encounter a similar issue. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Perry

Friday, October 26, 2018 9:15 AM
  • Hi Wayne_Singh,

I'm writing to see if the information is useful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Monday, November 5, 2018 8:18 AM
  • Sorry, I hadnt had a chance to check back in for awhile.  As unfortunate as the post is, I have marked it as the answer.  Thank you.
    Monday, November 5, 2018 9:58 PM