Auto Updates in Build 5384 RRS feed

• Question

• What would cauld my version of Vista to constantly insall the same updtaes over and over again. I can't seem to stop it without turing it off. Then I get the security warning.
    Tuesday, June 27, 2006 2:13 AM

All replies

• Not entirely sure, but I've seen similar things going on.

It could easily be that the patches are being updated and they're set up to download all over again. It could easily be that the first patch wasn't optimized, or had other issues that were fixed in a later build. I've noticed that previous versions of the same updates were no longer listed in the update history of the Windows Update module.

Unless it's causing problems, I'd rather think it would be best to just let it do it's thing. And if it IS causing problems, report the issue via the Beta Client reporting tool.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 2:43 AM
  •  Wolfie2k6 wrote:

Not entirely sure, but I've seen similar things going on.

It could easily be that the patches are being updated and they're set up to download all over again. It could easily be that the first patch wasn't optimized, or had other issues that were fixed in a later build. I've noticed that previous versions of the same updates were no longer listed in the update history of the Windows Update module.

Unless it's causing problems, I'd rather think it would be best to just let it do it's thing. And if it IS causing problems, report the issue via the Beta Client reporting tool.

Thanks I will do that.
    Tuesday, June 27, 2006 3:05 AM