Skype Room Resource booking RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Can anyone clarify if the scenario below is possible?

- UserOne (no skype license)

- ConferenceRoom1 (Resource mailbox setup with auto accept with assigned Skype for business licence)

UserOne creates a meeting request and invites other attendees including the resource Room "ConferenceRoom1".

How can you include the Skype Meeting Details to the invite if the meeting is not originating from "ConferenceRoom1".

My understanding was that only the "room" needed the Skype for Business licence. If not, does it mean that any user trying to book the room equipped with setup SRS v2  would need also the licence?

thank you,

Marc-Andre

Thursday, January 25, 2018 8:55 PM

Answers

• I don't think that's possible.  If the SRS is the only one licensed, that account would need to initiate the meeting to get the meeting details in the invite.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, January 25, 2018 9:33 PM

All replies

• I don't think that's possible.  If the SRS is the only one licensed, that account would need to initiate the meeting to get the meeting details in the invite.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, January 25, 2018 9:33 PM
  • Thank you Anthony,

that's what is was afraid of finding out.

Could it be possible to initiate the meeting as a booking delegate and be able to insert the Skype meeting details in the invite?

Friday, January 26, 2018 1:19 PM
  • Not unless the delegated user is licensed for Skype as well.  

Friday, January 26, 2018 3:33 PM
  • Thank you for your input Anthony. I guess I will have to deal with it :(
    Friday, January 26, 2018 8:49 PM
  • Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to your, please try to mark it as answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, January 29, 2018 7:55 AM