none
Microsoft Project 2013 - Finish-date drop-down arrow RRS feed

• Question

• When I enter a finish date with year at 2000, 2001, ... and beyond, then click the right drop down arrow, to adjust the date via., calender view, the calender view is at 2079.  I have no idea why it jumps forward 79 years, but obviously it makes it impractical to use the calender view to make minor date adjustments.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott 

Monday, February 17, 2014 7:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Scott,

Unfortunately I can't reproduce your issue. The calendar feature for start and finish date is perfectly working on my MS Project 2013.

Which version do you have? Here is mine: 

Do you have this issue on any project? Your project might be corrupted... Try on a blank new project.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Monday, February 17, 2014 8:37 PM
  • Scott,

Pardon my bumping in but let's make sure we're talking about the same thing. You use the term "calendar view" but I don't think that is what you meant. In Project the Calendar View is a whole separate defined view. You can find it on the ribbon under View/Task views group. One of the reasons I don't think you really mean the Calendar View is that I'm not aware of any right drop down arrow anywhere on that view, but then I don't have Project 2013.

So, for clarity sake, do you really mean the small calendar that pops up when you activate a date field cell (e.g. Start, Finish, etc.) and then hit the selection arrow, (which is on the right side)?

This may seem like a small thing but more than once have we gone round and round trying to help a user when part of the problem was a misunderstanding due to incorrect terminology.

One other thing. I assume you realize that by entering dates directly into the Start for Finish fields, you will be setting a constraint on that task.

With that, I'll leave it to Guillaume.

John

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 2:57 AM
  • Indeed excellent comment from John,  as usual. My answer assumes you are not talking about the calendar view, but about the calendar box appearing in the date fields.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 6:51 AM