none
Remote Server returned '550 5.7.1 Not authorized

Question

• We are in the middle of a Migration from Exchange 2003 to 2010 to 2013.

2003 is no more. After moving 3 mailboxes to the 2013 Servers, we are not able to send mails with them.

We have 3 Locations (1 Root and 2 subdomains)

Domain a.de (root)

Subdomain b.a.de

Subdomain c.a.de

a.de is able to send to the subdomains, but b and c are not.

If a user in c trys to send an internal mail to a or b, the mail Returns with:

Remote Server returned '550 5.7.1 Not authorized

The same happens from b to c or a

We are working with Microsoft Support on that. We have been told to execute "Setup /preparealldomains" in all Domains.

Does this make any sense? The execution fails in b and c as there is a third subdomain d.a.de which cannot be reached from the sites b and c. (no ip Routing to b and c but a, no Exchange site planned in d)

(hope that i haven´t  convused too much....)

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 12:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please also check your receive connector authentication settings on the root domain Exchange servers. You should have the below:

AuthMechanism    : Tls, Integrated, BasicAuth, BasicAuthRequireTLS, ExchangeServer

As for the Exchange servers, check that they are members of the correct groups. I've seen similar issues when a group was deleted and the Exchange servers couldn't authenticate. Setup.exe /PrepareAD and Setup.exe /PrepareDomains recreates these accounts and sets the correct permissions.

Let me know if this helps you out. 

Thanks.

Mark Gossa

MCSE 2003, MCITP Enterprise Administrator 2008 R2, MCSA 2012 R2, MCTS Exchange 2010

Blog: http://markgossa.blogspot.com

Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 10:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Pako2011,

Apparently Microsoft Support gives you some good advices, why wouldn't you trust it?

"setup /PrepareAllDomains" or "setup /pad" should be executed just once in the root domain, and thus it prepares all the domains. No need to run it in each domain.

Alternatively, you can run /PrepareAD in each domain where Exchange server or Outlook users exist or are planned.

It's also worth to check Send connectors for both Exchange 2010 and 2013 HubTransport addresses listed as "Source servers".

▼ Mark if Answer / Vote if Helpful ▲
    MCSE: Messaging 2013 Charter / Private Cloud / Server Infrastructure
    MaximumExchange.ru

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 1:50 PM
  • Hi,

Please also check your receive connector authentication settings on the root domain Exchange servers. You should have the below:

AuthMechanism    : Tls, Integrated, BasicAuth, BasicAuthRequireTLS, ExchangeServer

As for the Exchange servers, check that they are members of the correct groups. I've seen similar issues when a group was deleted and the Exchange servers couldn't authenticate. Setup.exe /PrepareAD and Setup.exe /PrepareDomains recreates these accounts and sets the correct permissions.

Thanks.

Mark Gossa

MCSE 2003, MCITP Enterprise Administrator 2008 R2, MCSA 2012 R2, MCTS Exchange 2010

Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 10:30 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks.

Mark Gossa

Hi,

Please mark as an answer if this has answered your question.

Thanks.

Mark Gossa

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 7:14 PM